My ‘89 GT build

I went ahead and just ordered a 93 cobra booster and stock master cylinder. My mc was leaking I think out of the back and its cheap and easy to replace with every thing out. Plus I have to remove the old one to paint the engine bay properly. I will have to wait for the booster to paint up the engine bay since I will have to test fit it first. Picked up a few other odds and ends while I was at it through rock auto. I like using them some times since they sell oddball stuff that can be a pita to locate locally. I hope to have the engine bay painted up in a week or so since the rest of it is pretty much perfect except the top part of the firewall where I plug welded just a few holes.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

CF4C970D-608F-42F1-A212-8AD4CAAD6C16.jpeg

So I settled on a color for the engine and all accessories. It’s a Ford/Lincoln color “Luxe Metallic” and the code is H6. I like it much better than the silver I originally shot it. It will have a sort of satin finish. The heads are just a stock one and a gt40 one. If you know anyone in the tampa,Florida area I’ll give them the gt40 heads. One is cracked. I’ll be throwing them in the trash can. Already have one stock head in the trash for pickup Sunday. I can’t throw them all away at once. Anyways, I can now take off the intake and heads and finish the motor soon. Can’t wait to see the SVE 2.02 heads on there.
Side note, do I really need an egr plate since I’m deleting the egr? The one from the stock intake was stuck on.

Was able to get a few things done this morning. I hope to have the engine all together within the next few days. Ran out of basecoat for the parts and didn’t feel like mixing more so I had to call it a day.
C7F3A127-1FA6-4C58-850C-FCB2873D0E83.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
So I cleaned my T5 and was excited to put my steel input shaft sleeve only to find it didn’t fit right. Then I looked up the tag and it was 1352194 which is for a 4 cylinder. Well that sucks. Now I have to find a suitable t5. Recommendations on a reasonable replacement? I’ll only be at 350-400 hp.

I have been running a 4 cylinder trans for years behind a 302, 347, and now my turbo 331. The zspec t5 didn't last but a couple months behind the 347 before the second gear dog teeth messed up. If you use the 4 cylinder t5 it should have a smaller input shaft end that goes in the pilot bearing. The pilot bearing needed is a federal mogul s202. They are available from any local parts store.

I have been running a 4 cylinder trans for years behind a 302, 347, and now my turbo 331. The zspec t5 didn't last but a couple months behind the 347 before the second gear dog teeth messed up. If you use the 4 cylinder t5 it should have a smaller input shaft end that goes in the pilot bearing. The pilot bearing needed is a federal mogul s202. They are available from any local parts store.

That's awesome then! Did you do anything to beef it up? And that part doesn't come up on a google search. I do want to replace it before I put it all back together.

This is the pilot bearing...the part number is 202- SS. This is the pilot bearing that goes in the back of the crank. The v8 t5 takes a different pilot bearing.

Screenshot_20190225-194554_Chrome.jpg

Looks like you got a lot done for certain. Did you install the Trick Flow camshaft and were you able to clay or check the valve clearance to the pistons with that camshaft and they new SVE heads with the 2.02" intake valves? Do you have a photo of the pistons in the engine?