My ‘89 GT build

Y’all are funny. I’m in Florida actually. It’s so dang hot now I have to shoot everything in my garage so it doesn’t get too hot. I’ve never put on and take off a car cover so often.
Found out my tps sensor was reading 1.10 volts, so I had to slot it out to get down to under 1 volt. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to set the timing again. It has a hesitation that needs to be fixed before driving.

• Sponsors (?)

So I’ve been working on and off on the radiator overflow reservoir. I wanted to keep a stock appearance, so I’ve modified the original one and added 2 brackets. The top one mounts to the fan shroud and the other hooks on to the frame rail like the original one did. It all clears the hood too. Just need to coat the outside leaving a line to see fluid levels. What do y’all think?

Reactions: 1 user
So I’ve been working on and off on the radiator overflow reservoir. I wanted to keep a stock appearance, so I’ve modified the original one and added 2 brackets. The top one mounts to the fan shroud and the other hooks on to the frame rail like the original one did. It all clears the hood too. Just need to coat the outside leaving a line to see fluid levels. What do y’all think?

I like anything that looks stock, but isn’t. So I say good job!! ( but I do like the custom look too)

I gotta say, I will never buy another Cervini's part. The bumper is total crap for the money. I paint bumpers all day. I replace bumpers and even the cheapest oem style bumpers are 10 times better. So many divets and other mistakes in the molding process. Yeah all aftermarket bumpers say they need to be fitted and etc. Most just go right on and you can shoot. I think for the money, it should have been at least smooth. Just FWIW.

Well, it has taken almost 7 months and it’s almost finished. First stage of buffing done. A few odds and ends, like raising the h-pipe somehow, replacing the windshield and put in a few ground effect screws. Oh and fix my taillight corner since I dropped it.

The bumper isn’t tightened down yet so there’s a gap. Also need to lower the hood adjustment bumper slightly. So much work to get the hood flat. I would buy one new next time probably.

Here you can better see how I moved the taillights out 1/4” to sit flush with the outside of the body. I think it looks cleaner.

Still have to wet sand the bumpers.

• Winner
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 8 users
That is one impressive car . I like the rear lights ,and the color, Wish I could paint. Thanks for the pictures and the ideas. I have a hole in my overflow and looking for something different that isnt going to cost me $45 bucks .

...I have a hole in my overflow and looking for something different that isnt going to cost me $45 bucks .
$33.99

or $34.99 if you want to keep the sensor, which never works for very long.

My new one is still sitting in a box. Found a better one in a JY for $1.
It was from a Toyota.
New Mounting for E-Fan.JPG

Looks great! How well does it run with all the new parts?

Thanks! It runs like a champ. I still have a few little little things to take care of. It smokes the tires so easily without brakes or etc. I’ve been busy and took a vacation to go backpacking, but I’m back at it. I ended up buying a cheap overflow tank from Amazon that came in yesterday. Still need to have a shop raise the exhaust. Especially since it sits so low. When it’s at my buddy’s shop I will smooth the one patch panel I put under the passenger seat and then clean and undercoat the bottom. I’m gonna hate selling it in a month or 2.

wait.... why are you selling it? you are likely never going to get out of it what you put in.

I just like restoring cars as a hobby. To me the fun part is buying all the parts and bringing it back better than new. I’ll drive it for a month and then list it. I don’t have to sell it, but I can’t put another car in my garage.

I am happy to see you have it all together now. It looks like a really great ride so you have time this year to drive it to a local cruise or show and have some fun! I am finishing up with the Edelbrock heads on my '91 ragtop but had to call Dave at Lindy Tools to have him make me a piston cuttting tool so I could get the necessary intake valve clearance. I stole the heads from my son so we now have a new set of the SVE heads you have for his roller motor '84 we will have fun with.

What year is the black GT?
Where in FL is it located?
What's the inside look like now?
Will you be asking $15-20k?

I wish I had a bigger garage, too.
It’s a 89
I’m in Wesley Chapel- just north of Tampa
Inside looks great. New carpet front and back, new armrests and etc.
probably that price range.
A list of most of the stuff I had to buy:

Item
Car
Comp cams roller rockers
Intake
Ford thermostat housing
Heater hardline
Cam
Comp cams timing gears and chain
Roller rockers
Comp cams hard pushrods