My brothers car got a retune

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
took my brothers car in yesterday to get it retuned with a 12psi pulley. it made 507rwhp and 448rwtq. the gt 40 fuel pump is running out now up top. after 5500 its starting to lean out to 12.8. the dyno tuner said to get a boost a pump and it will be fine.

man these 3vs can make some dang good power.

oh its an 07 GT with a procharger and a catback thats it

• Sponsors (?)

nice. 3v's LOVE boost!!!

on a side note. you NEED to data log the fuel pump duty cycle when the car is warmed up and running on the street. my GT pumps were fine on the dyno but once they got hot they were pegging on the street tune at 5200 rpm. the drop on the GT pumps is fairly high (close to 20% according to Fore Percision) if you dont have a wideband on the car just BE CAREFUL!!

12.8 will burn those pistons up pretty quick under boost if he gets into it before the problem is fixed.

Bad ass numbers, especially for just a blower, catback, and tune!!!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the engine is a time bomb at this moment. 500rwhp is past the 3v stock bottom end limit in the first place, plus he is lean.

I hope it lasts... Hell, if he has any of the luck you have with your motor it'll run forever under abuse, lol.

it should be fine cause its only going to 12.8 arf after 5500. but its 11.4 before that. the fuel pressure drops about 8psi pretty quick too. but yea those numbers are pretty sweet. my kenne bell feels way more fun though cause it kicks a lot harder.

Wow those are some darn good #s. That thing should move out pretty nice!

yea those 3vs are impressive. but the tuner said he did one 3v and it blew up on 400rwhp and then my brothers has been going for a while on 471rwhp with 10psi and now 507. im thinking it all depends on when your car was built during the week lol. near pay day they might be throwing cobra internals in your car cause the workers are happy lol. mine is the same was lasting through all that nitrous and now a kenne bell.

the 4.6s are stronger than most think. but then again its all in the tune and now radical your timing is.