My car is ready

Old Skooler

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2012
So after 4 months I got the call last night to pick her up. The following was done;
383 AFR 225 heads with some minor bowl work, edelbrok high rise with race demon 825 carb, custom grind blower/nitrous cam 680 lift, 250 nitrous express kit, bench dyno 561 at the crank 575 tq. This was before it was completely tuned and without spray. A nice mild mannered street build.

Tranny upgraded to a TKO 600, rear end we just installed the ford trak loc 4:10 welded axles with new c-clips, reinforced torque boxes, aero motive fuel system.

Also ditched the welds for 03 cobras with some nice rubbers (welds for sale)

There were some misc items for as well. Due to the distance from my house I couldn't take progress picks but this weekend I will post a bunch. I ran out of money so I couldn't get the cage done but soon. I have some work to do on the interior when she come home.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow 680 lift on a mild setup? Can't imagine what the radical one would be.... :O_o: I remember running a 670 lift, 310 duration custom Isky solid roller(yeah no manaeagable idle or power below 1200/3000) for an 8-71 setup on a 4v 351c with triple springs, titanium retainers etc....but that was like 25+ years ago...still have fond memories of all the stuff I destroyed on the car with that motor...including ripping the driver seat out of the floorboard....lol My 1st engine that required struts or chains to contain itself...motor mounts, rear-end links, etc broke like sticks....

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a nice setup. What about the short block?

Forgot what all was done there.... boss 351 4-bolt bottom end, heavily massaged and I-beam rods, custom forged slugs, etc. I kept the rpm's below 8500 altho it really kept pulling hard through 8k ... the guy I apprenticed through as a machinist helped his son build the motor. He use to race with Vic Edelbrock senior in the good old flathead days, and had met his wife drag racing...had a bunch of trophys he won beating big blocks with a little 289 and a paxton....one thing I learned was to never let the old man drive your car if you liked your engine operational.....he would nail it on a stretch of desert road till it either ran out of gas or blew up.....then tell you that you did something wrong...lol hardcore to the extreme