Need A/C Help Jrichker chime in and others!

I bought a 1990 LX notch, 4cyl 5spd, I removed engine and trans today, and the efi harness. I will be installing a carb'd 5L T5 and I want to keep A/C. I am taking off the entire a/c system from my 1986 vert 5L, I just had it converted to 134A with all new seals, evaporator, compressor, and liquid line. My question is, Is there any way to wire this up to where I turn the knob my my dash that it will kick in the a/c compressor and cool me down without the EEC?

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

sure! theres a wire coming from the dash harness that is the output from the a/c dash switch. all you have to do is connect that wire to the lps (low pressure switch) on the accumulator, and the other lps terminal goes to the positive terminal on the a/c compressor. i dont know if the wire is in the gray or the black connector at the booster, but the wire color should be LG/P light green with pink stripe.

Im basically looking for an old school way to wire this a/c with a carb, If superhuman's method is correct Id appreciate some more feedback. Also need more info on the compressor plug it has 2 wires, it one of them is a hot from the pressure switch what is the other wire?

Thanks fellas, Matt

yes you are correct, the other wire from the a/c compressor is ground. i believe the colors are BLK/Y for power and BLK for ground, on your 86 stuff. i recommend using the original plug and wires from the a/c compressor, because you NEED the diode in the circuit (see diagram).

The only thing the ECC really does with the A/C is to turn it off at WOT and boost the idle speed when it is on & the engine is idling.

superhuaman seems to have all the bases covered with this one.