need help finding-small heim joint for throttle....

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
It’s for my setup where it connects to the carb. The aod adaptor throws off the fit of the lokar throttle cable. Lokar said I needed to get the blower drive (pic) instead. Well ever since I already have it all installed, I can’t return it. They (Lokar) have it, but for $23. So if you can help me source a cheaper one, it would be really appreciated!

It looks like this pic here......

bld_tc.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

streetgrande69 said:
hi Bob, i'm gonna say no cuz i don't even know what it is. i'm guessing a Navy supply systm of some type?????

No, mid-check. The hours are usually around 2200-0700. I thought I saw you drive by not too long ago. That's why I asked. I would help with the heim joint, but you already know what I know. Which is nothing.

mustang70 said:
No, mid-check. The hours are usually around 2200-0700. I thought I saw you drive by not too long ago. That's why I asked. I would help with the heim joint, but you already know what I know. Which is nothing.

nope(must be an air-dale thing) :D i've been home since about 4 (1600 for you navy types :D ) you know it wasn't me, you'd heard squeek, squeek

anyway thanks the links, what i needed!

this type won't work for me, it has a stud built into it. its also 1/4" i need to have what i think is 10-32. i found a few places, like mcmaster-carr and a few others. the problem with my set-up is that i can't put the type of throttle joint dodgestang has because it interferes with the adaptor for the tv cable i have. i'll take a pic when i get home to clearify. anyway, i think i have the info i need.

10170.jpg

heres a pic, see how the ball joint is offset to one side, the inside, its becaues it will hang up on the outside in the top of the adaptor. the demon throttle plate is completely flat unlike the holleys, so it works well on nicks, but on mine, i needed to add a spacer.i'll just mount the heim inplace of the space, giving me a straight shot.

attachment.php

better pic.....
DSCN4150.JPG

Man, it must be nice to be home already. :p

Yes, I'm antagonizing you. I'm in one of those moods today. Give me a call this afternoon and remind me to talk to Jack. There might be a place by us that has this stuff. He knows more of the local places then I do.

mustang70 said:
Man, it must be nice to be home already. :p

Yes, I'm antagonizing you. I'm in one of those moods today. Give me a call this afternoon and remind me to talk to Jack. There might be a place by us that has this stuff. He knows more of the local places then I do.

these are old pics, i'm at work,and bored, these are from my website. but yet it would be nice to be home. i think i'm gonna go catch a movie, maybe without a paddle?, sounds funny as hell. well anyway, later bob

streetgrande69 said:
these are old pics, i'm at work,and bored, these are from my website. but yet it would be nice to be home. i think i'm gonna go catch a movie, maybe without a paddle?, sounds funny as hell. well anyway, later bob

One of my coworkers saw that last night. He said it was hilarious. Enjoy.

Did I miss it somewhere in here why you cannot flip the throttle end to the other side of the Demon plate?

Also, if you have a shot of the lokar TV cable down on the transmission end it would help me a ton... trying to sort out why the inner housing (black part) of my Lokar cable is pulling out.

GT2K said:
Did I miss it somewhere in here why you cannot flip the throttle end to the other side of the Demon plate?

Also, if you have a shot of the lokar TV cable down on the transmission end it would help me a ton... trying to sort out why the inner housing (black part) of my Lokar cable is pulling out.

at about 3/4 throttle, it hits the aod adaptor, its hard to see, but it does. :nonono: i could take a closer pic, i ordered the heim today, it'll be here in a couple days.

if you want to see the under side of my car, i posted pics, just for you, on the other post as you asked me to, last night, look over on page 2 for that post :D