New Best ET/MPH

Those comp nitrous cams work good with blower cars, congrats on being in the 10's, id say its time to ditch that airbag and get an antirollbar, it looks like it needs it

• Sponsors (?)

yes it made 455 rwhp / 423 tq on a super-flo with the 3.8 pulley making 6lbs of boost behind the T5. now it has the 3.33 pulley making 9-10bs. through a C4. Haven't been back to the dyno, big difference in power, gonna guess I picked up 25-30 horses. It's never been dyno tuned so I know there is a lot more in it but I'm running stock block so I don't wanna push it too much further. car is full interior other than passenger seat for the track.

Thanks I agree. That will have to be a definite upgrade for next year. Not sure which one to go with though, there seems to be varying opinions on the different brands.

How about your car 90lxcoupe? have you had it down the track lately?

Are you planning on running tailpipes? if you are thats gonna really narrow down the choices, im running one thats under the rear so i can clear 3" tailpipes.

My car has been in the body shop all summer, really sucks but its gonna be worth it in the end, im putting the transmission in it this week at thier shop and i'll definitly make a few passes before the year is over, im hoping the car is done by the end of this month. Really sucks tho, i should have been on drag week right now instead of being at work

Are you planning on running tailpipes? if you are thats gonna really narrow down the choices, im running one thats under the rear so i can clear 3" tailpipes.

My car has been in the body shop all summer, really sucks but its gonna be worth it in the end, im putting the transmission in it this week at thier shop and i'll definitly make a few passes before the year is over, im hoping the car is done by the end of this month. Really sucks tho, i should have been on drag week right now instead of being at work

no tailpipes.

that sucks, I may have forgotten why's it in the shop? just a new paint job or accident? You're still running the black wheels though right?

Keep us updated when you get it down the track!

no tailpipes.

that sucks, I may have forgotten why's it in the shop? just a new paint job or accident? You're still running the black wheels though right?

Keep us updated when you get it down the track!

Still have the black wheels, sticking with the same color, the car was hit in the front, and the rest of it needed a little work so its taken longer then expected

Wow you know that story! Where do you live, that's impressive you know that if you're not from here!
Central Indiana, a stone's-throw from O'Reilly Raceway Park (headin' there tonight).

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember when it happened. I also studied the incident in my aviation safety classes. The "Gimli Glider" is a good study of an accident "chain", and how the "chain" can be broken to create an acceptable outcome. There's a book about the incident called "Freefall", IIRC.

well had a great day that turned sour.

Went to the track and made 5 passes.

#1 - 10.68 @ 123 mph 1.63 60ft'

#2 - 10.77 @ 121 mph 1.53 60ft'

#3- 10.62 @ 123 mph 1.52 60ft'

#4 - 10.71 @ 122mph 1.55 60ft'

Then Bang!! Fifth run I hear a loud noise, not sure what it is. Get it over on the return road. Notice a few of my header bolts backed out. Nothing leaking, no holes in block. Sounds like exhaust leak but louder. Get it back to my trailer and pull the header gasket. Perfectly fine. Jack up car and that's when I can see bits of my head gasket poking out. Weird, never seen em blow like that. No oil in coolant, no coolant in oil other than some small bits of cooling system sediment.

My day and season was done. Oh well not bad for a car pusking 10lbs of boost with no head studs. Happy with the new best, made it worthwhile.

Started ripping it apart tonight, just to find I broke an ear off of my Performer II upper.

I think I'll leave it for awhile........