New dyno numbers.

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i went to the dyno day we had locally to try and iron out some driveability issues. i think they are mostly gone, but im not sure what it was/if its gone for sure yet.

if i let the car idle for 30+ seconds it seems, it was going into "limp mode" or similar symptoms. felt like it was on 4 cylinders, backfiring, wouldnt rev out, ect.

anyways, i thought last time i made 292 rwhp on his dyno. it was actually only 280 rwhp i made. at 280 rwhp on his dyno, i ran a 13.0 at 109.6 mph on 18" sumitomo tires for reference.

only thing that changed since those numbers was my anderson powerpipe, and he thought my ecu might be failing. so we went from my a9s ecu, to a new a9l ecu. he said the a9l would yield some more power as it was more tuneable.

upon the initial pull with the swapped ecu, my peak hp moved up 300 rpm's. it also went from 280 rwhp to 299 rwhp. however, i lost some power across the curve. like 15 hp across the board. he went back and made some adjustments real fast.

next pull the 15 hp across the board not only came back to where the a9s numbers were, but they INCREASED another 15 +/- across the board. so between the powerpipe (ditched bbk cai) and the a9l i gained another 300 rpms, 19 hp peak, and about 15 hp all across the board.

really excited to see how it runs now at the track. i wont have any sticky tires yet, but i had some nearly 110 mph trap speeds last time, a very useable 15+ hp gain everywhere should yield even higher speeds.

this is a mustang dyno known to be stingy off owner/customer feedback. i think its just a true number. combo is; old trickflow heads, trickflow stage 1 cam, systemax 2, 4" na powerpipe, shorty headers, 24's, 77mm maf, msd dist/coil, 70mm tb. t5 trans

• Sponsors (?)

i went from 280 to 300. my peak hp is 300 (299 actually i guess, lol. it was heatsoaked though after 4 pulls :rolleyes:). my torque was 300 as well. i may look into a custom cam, or see if one of the grinders actually replies to me this time.

a ton of people bailed on the dyno day. i think he ended up with 10 people, and the list was close to 30 people just the day prior to the event. i think it worked out ok though, cause john had somewhere to be immidiately afterwards.

it sucked, i was all happy with my gains. then it was like 500 rwhp car, after 500 rwhp car from me down lol. got to see a new raptor dyno, 370 rwhp STOCK on his dyno. pretty impressive power numbers.