new member, here's some pics of my stang

coastal50

Banned
Oct 16, 2004
SC
Hey everyone, I just registered here and figured I'd post up and show some pics of my 94 GT, nothin special but I like her alot. I've owned it for about 4 weeks now, and i'm hoping to add a cobra r hood and some kind've bumper before christmas. any suggestions? thanks everyone

100_0237.jpg

edited.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0261.jpg

100_0255.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

ha, he beat me to it... i was gonna say you might get some negative words on that underglow... i however like it, if it's on a fast car b/c nobody can say anything (gfcom)

you might want to hold off on ext. mods to begin with and go for 'go before show' mods. i'd like a awesome hood/bumper too, but wanna have lots of pwr to back it up

hope that info helped with cai- q's anytime.

My recommendation would be holding off on the asthetic mods for a bit and throw a few cheap motor mods on. Pick up some underdrive pulleys and some shorty headers on ebay. Go with headers for an 87-93 fox, that way you won't have to mess with the EGR garbage. A very simple metal plate can be stamped out to cover the mounting bracket for the EGR pump.

thanks for the replies, i bought it just the way it is w/ the neons etc. i dont really like them either but it didn't look that bad at the time... :shrug:
keep the engine mod suggestions coming, i was thinking about a bigger throttle body also?

A bigger throttle body is always a good idea. BUT, unless you install an intake that also has a larger opening, you are going to have a bottleneck in air flow. You might even lose some power by going too big without compensating for it in other places related to air flow. I'll telling you, the pullies and headers will make a difference. You can also run a shorter drive belt in order to by-pass the smog pump.

Car looks great. Id ditch the underglows tho sell them to some local ricer.

For preformance start with gears. Get 3:73 gears in the rear end. That is the best bang for the buck. Then I would get full exhaust and headers.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Are those stock seats?
yes, i found the original window sticker hiddin behind the dash, and it lists the interior option as being the "artic sport interior package" ???

its a nice contrast to all the leather interiors i've seen.

my car is a 5 speed, i was thinking 3.73 or 4.10, and i've read a few posts on here, haven't yet figured which one yet. any more info on the shorter belt? i haven't even looked to see if mine has a smog pump.

i think i win the award for least helpful of all people on the boards...if you ever need any advice...well.....bypass my threads. RC knows everything, send him tonnes of PM's about your smallest questions, he'll be glad to help you... :lol:

Hey RC, any chance you could help me sell my Tribars?

Personally, I think you car looks really nice. The paint seems to be in great shape as well. If everything is clean in that department, I would go with the go-fast mods.

But, whichever way you decide to go, here is the place to be. You can probably find pictures of any color stang with any hood/bumpers/side skirts combination. So if you like how, for instance, a specific bumper looks, do a search & you will be able to see it on the actual car.

Same goes with engine/suspension/etc mods. There are tons of different combo's and people always report back when the install something new. That was the first thing I did when I installed my o/r x-pipe and my 3.73's.

Gears are the greatest bang for the buck modification you can do, without a doubt. If you go with 4.10's, you won't be sacrificing much. I wish I did, now that I have the 3.73's. It's a whole new car; I kid you not!!

As of now, I am saving up for h/c/i (I have $1200 now, but I want to get the trick flow kit & do it all at once). I already have traction problems; I can't wait until the h/c/i to see what happens. :)

Just doing a MAF or TB won't gain you any noticeable power as you sit. After h/c/i, you might notice it.

Start with gears, then an intake manifold, and go from there. Instant & dyno proven 22rwhp with the new intake manifold.
Scott

looks nice to me, i love those wheels. as for the neon if you like it thats your busness as long as you dont get altezzas and stuff its cool. even thought i havent done them yet everyone says gears so thats what i would also recommend from what i have heard if you have n auto def go for teh 410s. anyway nice car man and good luck with it im sure you will love it

I also say go with gears first. 3:73's would waken your car up drastically, but most people i know around here with almost stock GT mustangs go with 4:10's to compensate for the less power from higer modded cars or some cobras. Might be better for you. Another verrry easy mod that will give you some good high end hp, is to bump up your timing to 14-16 degrees. It'll give you about 5-8 hp to the wheels. Good luck.