New Stereo Installed with Pics

bullitt 5561

Jun 18, 2006
I just installed my Pioneer 6800. I opted for the Sirius and Ipod adapters also. The install was pretty simple once I got the right harness. I was able to use the factory amps and it sounds much better now. The ipod integrations is great, everything is controled from the headunit itself. If anyone needs any questions answered let me know. I know there has been alot of discussion about replacing Mach 460's. Here it is.

CarPics026-1.jpg

CarPics001.jpg

CarPics019-1.jpg

Attachments

• CarPics026-1.jpg
    CarPics026-1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 56
  • CarPics001.jpg
    CarPics001.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 62
  • CarPics019-1.jpg
    CarPics019-1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Sponsors (?)

That's the nicest single DIN Pioneer head unit I have ever seen. I think I will go that route. That is one clean install. I'm assuming that is the Metra harness as well?

Is that Bring The Pain the Method Man one, or Mindless Self Indulgence?

You wired it into the factory MACH system?

yes...using the Metra 70-5519 harness. Totally plug and play. I didnt expect it to be color coded but it was. Works great, allows the amps to power up and uses all the speakers just like before only Louder:nice:

i got that same one......how much did you pay?? mine was 250 and 85 to install it

$264 for the HU and I installed it myself.

Did the little tray come with the kit? I need to dump my 6 disc receiver, and get something with an aux port.

Why do cars still have multi disc CD players? I thought the MP3 option in the deluxe GT was a lot smarter than the 6 disc changer. I wish it could have been had with the Mach 460 option. Multi disc changers are dead, and CD's are on their way out, too. Well, the Koreans still use cassette players, so at least the U.S. isn't too far behind. Follow the Germans---install aux ports and USB plug on factory audio systems.

i have no idea why they come with 6 discs anymore. the install kit i had for my gt had the tray with it already, made a great spot for the remote until you got on it and shifted hard. Ford needs a cd player like the new chevy's are, they are ipod ready on some of the new ones. the cobalt ss i drove was a 6disc and ipod ready, just plug and play.

My 02 GT basically was the base model of GT's, cloth interior, 5 star wheels and the non-mach audio system, which I've put in a Kenwood Excelon HU and 2 10" Subs.....I wish mine had the MACH, but at the same time it allows me to easily re-do the entire system.

Looks great. :nice:

Where did you get the two mount pieces to fill out the gap left by the big fat stock stereo? Also wheres your ipod and how does it hook up. Thanks!

The iPod is in the passenger glove box. I mounted the ipod and sirius adapter on this bulkhead looking thing under the reciever and ran the wire into the glove box, it has about 3 feet of slack also. The dash adapter is a standard Metra ford item, readily available.

This setup is so much nicer.