new to stangnet i need help with 90-93 ssp cluster swapping into 88 lx

badlx13

Jul 1, 2010
ok im new to stangnet ive been on afm but i cant get help there? i have a 90-93 ssp cluster thats goin in my 88lx that had the 85mph cluster i done got that out of my car..now i just dont have an idea how to swap these i got a wiring diagram for 87-89 an 90-93 i just dont get what i have to do??REALLY CONFUSED do i just switch some wires around thats coming out of the dash thats in the plugs?

• Sponsors (?)

soooo. if i change the guts out of the ssp cluster an put em in my 88 cluster would i have to get it calibrated i meen would the speedo read the right speed? if i went this route it seems easy as pie i just had the 88 cluster apart theres nothing o it...do i change everything? any modifications would have to be done this way?

yea I would just swap the speedo from the ssp cluster to your existing cluster. The 90-93 clusters dont have the four idiot lights in the gauge cluster surround like the 87-89's.

There is a bit more to it than that. You will pretty mich gut the ssp cluster.

To be honest, sell the ssp cluster and send your 85 mph speedo to brothers performance and have them recal it and put a gauge face on. Will be much easier.

For the rewire..you basically cut the harness off and start replacing into different pin locations. If you dint know how to do that...don't try it

well i got everything switched it wasnt bad at all...1 question tho will the speedo be right? will i have to get it recalibrated?

The speedo should be correct.

I would like to know what you did to make this work. Pics if you have any.

ill post some pics tommorow all i had to do was switch the the circuit from the 85 rpm gauge to the new 1 an shave some of the mounting points off the ssp speedo an shave some off the 85 shell...also i trimmed the sides of the middle piece that had the 4 lights ( air bag low coolant ? ?)

So you put the 90-93 speedometer only in the 87-89 cluster? That is what I did on mine, cutting and filing the parts to make it fit. It works out pretty well, but the turn signal arrows are different I noticed after I installed it!