New To The World Of Mustangs

unirok

Oct 6, 2011
just bought a 2003 Mustang GT Convertible premium. From what i can tell the only major issue is the mach 1000 system in the trunk. It has been troubleshooted and seems the issue is a blown headunit. Kinda sucks the mach 1000 takes up most of the already small trunk.

Car is stock except for the flowmaster muffler system.

I paid $7495 Out the Door is that a fair price.

My other car is a 2003 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor

mus2.jpg

mus.jpg

AJ4112_17.jpg

AJ4112_18.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure about the going rate nowadays, but for an '03 GT Convertible in good condition that sounds like a fair price to me. Mileage?

Major issue? Get a new headunit! One of the first things I replaced in my car. Not sure about integrating an aftermarket headunit with the Mach 1000 system though. It's somewhat tricky I hear with the 460 but I think my Alpine headunit sounds great for everything else being factory Mach 460.

If you don't plan on using it then I'd pull that amp rack and subs out of the trunk and sell them.

First, wash that thing and apply tire shine gel. Second, lower it, asap. Third, get a grille delete and Mach 1 chin spoiler. Lastly, sell it and buy a coupe!

Just giving you crap. My first Mustang was a vert ('95 GT) and I eventually had leaks and issues with the top and hydraulic system so I'll probably never buy another convertible. Was nice in FL though.

Does it have a Flowmaster catback or just the mufflers?

Oh, and welcome!

Get a touch screen too and hooking them up to mach is easy low hooking up a normal stereo just gota get the right harness. It really makes the mach sound way better then from factory

Thnaks for the replies. The mufflers are flow masters and the tips say flowmaster not sure about the rest but the car does have cats.

I would like to get a flatscreen nav headunit but use the mach 1000 amps and speakers is that possible? I know way back when I had a lincoln with JBL I was able to buy an adapter from crutchfield that let me use the jbl amp and subs plug and play with my new radio.

Welcome to the site and nice looking Mustang!

You should be able to get an adapter for the radio if you go through Crutchfield. I bought a Kenwood HU for mine and it came with the right wiring harness so my Mach 460 speakers work right now.

Also what are your plans for the car?

I have always liked mustangs but I never could find one in the right combo or condition. Automatic was a must as I am not good at driving stick. I almost bought a banana yellow 2002 mustang GT but it sounded very tame and seemed to be a base model. I considered adding a flowmaster system to my Crown vic since the engines similar to the mustang but didint want to ruin the character of the car.

One turn of the key and I fell in love with the 2003. A friend asked my why I didint got for a 2005+ but I just dont like the retro body style too much. I really like my friends 1993 LX Convertible as well. I am not a top down kind of guy and rarely use sunroofs but I just love the look of softop mustangs.