next mod?

KBExperience

Jun 21, 2009
Houston
I just bought an '04 gt (auto :/ ) and im trying to think of what my next mod should be, the car came with a Magnaflow catted x pipe with flowmaster 40's, a bbk 70mm TB, a full K/N intake system and aftermarket pulleys (I'm not quite sure what brand, i just know theyre not stock)

what's next? I'm a waiter working my way through college, so money isnt extremely tight, but i can afford to put about 200-300 a week into it.

• Sponsors (?)

With the mods your car has a tune is very important IMHO. With an SCT you can tell it what mods you have and its canned tune will work very well for you. I have seen a couple SCT Livewires on SVTP for under $300 and thats a $550+ unit. :nice:

Also the cars chasis has alot of wiggle and FLSFCs make the biggest difference in the way the car feels. It becomes so much tighter and responsive. :nice:

haha, yeah im gonna have to agree with you 1low03gt

This was my first mustang, ive wanted one since i was 16, and i guess thats not so bad since im 19 lol

My buddy's had one for a long time, actually he's had 3 but ive been helping him mod it over the years, so they kinda grew on me
:D

I got this one like a week ago and its in PERFECT shape, it's my baby :nice:

Well im going to go against the grain here and say Not to waste money on a tuner, atleast not until you get gears. Coming from personal experience, when my car had nothing but exhaust modifications, the tuner didn't make that big of a difference. Maybe 5-10rwhp...now, later on when you start doing serious modifications that require a tune (gears, cams, heads, nitrous, s/c etc etc) then, get your tuner.

You can get a good tokico shock/spring combo on ebay for 400$ and install it yourself in half a day. I would do that, 4.10 gears, some subframe-connectors, plenum, longtube headers...thats about it for bolt-ons...then get your tuner and maybe a dyno tune

Well im going to go against the grain here and say Not to waste money on a tuner, atleast not until you get gears. Coming from personal experience, when my car had nothing but exhaust modifications, the tuner didn't make that big of a difference. Maybe 5-10rwhp...now, later on when you start doing serious modifications that require a tune (gears, cams, heads, nitrous, s/c etc etc) then, get your tuner.

You can get a good tokico shock/spring combo on ebay for 400$ and install it yourself in half a day. I would do that, 4.10 gears, some subframe-connectors, plenum, longtube headers...thats about it for bolt-ons...then get your tuner and maybe a dyno tune
You also said that about FLSFCs, that it didnt give you a big increase but we all know FLSFCs are the single best mod for the chasis. :shrug:

You also said that about FLSFCs, that it didnt give you a big increase but we all know FLSFCs are the single best mod for the chasis. :shrug:

Im confused. I think subframes are a great first mod, infact when i had my 94 that was the first mod i did to it. Plus, you can get a set of subframes for 50$ off ebay...

I was just saying that for the 400$ you spend on a tuner you can do other things and get more bang for your buck, such as a midpipe, gears...etc etc