Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

You should like the MAC's allot. They don't sound like Flowmasters much at all

Thats good to hear. I had Maganflows on my '95, and Dynomax on my '89 in high school, so I thought it wouldnt hurt to try something different. They were cheap in used form, which makes them the perfect fit for my car right now, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Considering something like this.

79-93-fox-body-kit-03.jpg

Or this:

Dsc00187.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I welded the ends of my H pipe back on and bolted on the mufflers. With no tail pipes they hardly quiet the car down any, but I do like the sound. I decided to take the car out for its maiden voyage, and was pretty disappointed. It bucks like an SOB, and I have no clutch. I am hoping it is way out of adjustment, as it barely grabs when the pedal is fully released. Trouble is, I drove it to put some gas in it, and Im nervous I burnt it up like a dummy.

I am pretty sure my radiator leaks. I have developed a leak at the bottom of my coolant overflow reservoir again. Already replaced the reservoir and checked my hoses, which dont seem to be the problem.

The engine revs nicely when in neutral, I just need to weld my exhaust all the way up (cats are just clamped on one end so far), add some tails, and figure out my clutch issue. Hopefully the addition of my adjustable quadrant will put it where it wants to grab in the middle of the pedal range. Fingers crossed I didnt fry it.

Reactions: 1 user
Get yourself a firewall adjuster for that clutch.. That always helped me dial in where I wanted the clutch to grab at

Problem is, I have one. I went out and tried the stock quadrant adjust trick (learn something new every day), but havent had a chance to drive it yet. I smelled burnt clutch when I got home yesterday, so we'll see if its fried or not.

I am home with a sick kid today, so while he is napping I decided to go around the block. That adjustment trick helped a lot, now I think I can fine tune it with my FWA. I really wish I would have tried that before driving it yesterday. I wore the clutch quite a bit Im thinking. :nonono:

My next issue is that it sounds like a deisel truck, meaning I must not have my rockers adjusted properly. It must not have been as noticeable when running with an open H pipe, but now its very loud. I need to retorque my lower intake anyway, but its finally going to start being winter tomorrow. Its 59 degrees now, and tomorrow the high is supposed to be 34. That kinda kills my motivation to be out there, lol.

Reactions: 2 users
With a fuel cell, you could almost do an 05+ style axle back exhaust and ditch the standard location mufflers.

Honestly, after having my 2011, I prefer the sound of the fox/sn exhaust. I like how a length of pipe after the mufflers sounds versus the sound coming straight out of the mufflers.

In other news, I installed that IAC adjuster spacer dowicky. It really helped the idle, but when I went for a spin around the block I noticed the rpms now hang at 1500/1600 when I push in the clutch, until I come to a complete stop. I need to figure out how to resolve that, because I almost hate that more than a hunting idle.

Today is yard work day. I have to get the rest of the neighbors leaves up before we get the first snow, which has to be coming any day now. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 40 degress (today's high is 28), so tomorrow I will be out adjusting the rockers, running codes, and working on sorting this pig out.

Last topic of the day. I think I am going to make a splitter for under the front bumper. Nothing race car extreme looking, but the underside of the bumper hangs down wonky since I dont use the black lip, and I want to get it all sucked up and level under there. I think a very subtle splitter will do the trick.

20171208_161155.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users