Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

So after closing on our other house and having a stack of cash in the bank for the remodel of the farm house, I couldn’t help but purchase the last piece needed for my suspension makeover. Mike @Mustang5L5 , I’ll be attempting the panhard set up as well. It’s ordered, and after driving my car last night, I feel like it needs it. I purposely didn’t tighten up my control arms to spec, because when a I did that on my ‘95 it had squeaks and creaks. I have everything snug, but I can feel the rear move a bit when I let off full throttle. I’m hoping the panhard takes care of that, and maybe I’ll give the control arm nuts another ft lb or two while I’m under there. Will be updating this soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Been busy working on the house. This afternoon after sanding mud from my living room ceiling, I took a fresh air break and did some yard work. While out there I saw this pic in my head and had to stop and take it.

E0DA23AA-0EDB-421B-A6CD-9BC7CE7810A3.jpeg

Trying the make time for the PHB install. The rear wheel wells need some love from a BFH to accommodate the rear wheel/tire combo better as well. Aaaand that bottom silver still needs done on the sides and front. Who’s idea was it to buy a fixer upper house again???

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Haha, speaking of that, my father in law has been coming and helping me drywall on the weekends. My wife took the kids to an amusement park on Saturday and I told him I wanted to swap the wheels onto the car while she was gone because she wouldnt notice the difference upon coming home. He said, sounds good, just remember my bottle of Crown Royal for next weekend. Gotta love it.

Reactions: 1 user
Opinion time.

I don’t like the silver center caps that came with my wheels. They make them in chrome, which would match the polished rivets and over all appeal more to me. But on the cheap, I decided to try these stick on pony caps. I kinda like the solid look without an overly noticeable center cap, however the Mustang emblem isn’t all bad either... What are your opinions?

69E32A2F-7109-467D-AA23-39F3C44374B2.jpeg

5B0795A0-18EA-4F4A-A78F-4A6395A9B6D6.jpeg

I’ve always always loved the Stern Face II wheels that came on the Saleen SA10. Almost splurged on a set, but the rest of my car isn’t worthy and never will be. They are/were a solid wheel color center cap, so that’s what has me hangin in the middle on this decision.