Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Kinda agree with him.

I'd have to buy a laptop as well. I do 99% of everything I do on my phone, and use my work laptop for everything else. My old laptop circa 2006 is frozen up with the ole FBI moneypak ransomware

While I do have TS on my work laptop, explaining that the laptop was stolen while I was datalogging might not go over so well. "Work duties only" blah blah blah

Tuner came today. We had issues at first with the firmware, whatever that is. Then it took some time to get the car to start. Once it ran, the plugs were pretty fouled, but we proceeded anyway. We drove the car a bit and let it auto tune, but have a ways to go. He is playing with the tune tonight, and coming back tomorrow. Having a wife and a couple kids at home, as well living 40 minutes from me, his time is limited each day.

I took the car and washed it, then slapped in new Autolites for tomorrow. It feels good. The clutch needs a touch of adjustment, but feels nice regardless. Even at 50% throttle the engine feels strong. Could be that I’m used to the F250 being so damn slow though. I’m excited for it to be running at full potential. Tuner says after tomorrow it should be pretty damn close.

PS, I learned today that my car still has its intake silencer... I guess I never actually knew what that was until today, just assumed it woulda be gone. It ain’t, but it’s going to be. Who wants to bet what it’ll fetch on EBay?

When you can do everything needed from your phone except tune your car, you don’t replace your laptop when it’s craps out...
Kinda agree with him.

I'd have to buy a laptop as well. I do 99% of everything I do on my phone, and use my work laptop for everything else. My old laptop circa 2006 is frozen up with the ole FBI moneypak ransomware

While I do have TS on my work laptop, explaining that the laptop was stolen while I was datalogging might not go over so well. "Work duties only" blah blah blah
I could not imagine navigating the software with a phone for any real length of time

This is the biggest reason I went with a digital dash on my car. No more need for the laptop in the car anymore with all the same TS features and additional custom dash ones. It also has TeamViewer installed for Steve to ride along or so I can connect to give him new toys for his dash.

Just throwing it out there. The laptop in the passenger seat is a royal pain.

Tuner came today. We had issues at first with the firmware, whatever that is. Then it took some time to get the car to start. Once it ran, the plugs were pretty fouled, but we proceeded anyway. We drove the car a bit and let it auto tune, but have a ways to go. He is playing with the tune tonight, and coming back tomorrow. Having a wife and a couple kids at home, as well living 40 minutes from me, his time is limited each day.

I took the car and washed it, then slapped in new Autolites for tomorrow. It feels good. The clutch needs a touch of adjustment, but feels nice regardless. Even at 50% throttle the engine feels strong. Could be that I’m used to the F250 being so damn slow though. I’m excited for it to be running at full potential. Tuner says after tomorrow it should be pretty damn close.

PS, I learned today that my car still has its intake silencer... I guess I never actually knew what that was until today, just assumed it woulda be gone. It ain’t, but it’s going to be. Who wants to bet what it’ll fetch on EBay?

My white GT still had the silencer in it when I bought it too. I was surprised to see it in there.

This is the biggest reason I went with a digital dash on my car. No more need for the laptop in the car anymore with all the same TS features and additional custom dash ones. It also has TeamViewer installed for Steve to ride along or so I can connect to give him new toys for his dash.

Just throwing it out there. The laptop in the passenger seat is a royal pain.

Yeah, so I want nothing to do with the tuning aspect. It’s why I chose Micro over Megasquirt. Once he has it dialed in I plan to leave it and just drive the car. I can already tell it’ll be pretty quick. Good enough for a driver. I have no real need for that.