Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

sweet, cant wait to see what it makes. The only issue with SD over MAF IMO is the inability of the SD tune to deal with changes... I tuned my current setup MAF then switched cams... almost 0 difference in the MAF trim table was made to reach the same AFR targets. you just cannot do that with a SD setup..

and FYI if you wanted to do MAF in the future.... I can show you how to "cheat" by wiring the MAF in and datalogging the ADC counts..

anyway dont mind my nonsensical ranting ...:cautious:

• Sponsors (?)

Little bit of small fries stuff tonight. I needed something to go in place of my MAF. Something 3” at one end, and 3.5” at the other. It dawned on me that I had bought two truck exhaust tips with the intention of cutting them down, but abandoned them after phucking up the first one. So I had one good one to use.

351D47E0-0C04-4FAE-B567-CE9D2934F3FD.jpeg

Two sawzall blades later, it was cut. Little bit of clean up work and it’s in. Can’t say I like the stainless steel look (even though it matches the Accufab TB), so I will be scufffing and painting it.

FCA8A06A-C26B-4481-8BC7-8477B1B15AB2.jpeg

BDCAE169-45C9-4A74-BB1E-AABD81DFE480.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
I'm glad I kept mine then. I was running CAI's on my Mustangs for a long time. I recently went back to a my stock setup with a K&N, but I had to buy the airbox from a member on here. He wanted a fortune!! :rolleyes:

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Actually, since i'm going to run an Sn95 80mm MAF with integrated IAT with mine, i'm currently trying to located a 99-04 GT stock airbox to put in my car. I figure the bigger cone filter would allow more air in and it would look a lot better than some aftermarket offerings

Unfortunately I can't find one cheap enough to warrant the test fit.

Last edited:
Actually, since i'm going to run an Sn95 80mm MAF with integrated with mine, i'm currently trying to located a 99-04 GT stock airbox to put in my car. I figure the bigger cone filter would allow more air in and it would look a lot better.

Unfortunately I can't find one cheap enough to warrant the test fit.

Come to think of it, I might have one of those Mike. My son had a 04 GT and hopefully he saved his. Let me check when I get home.

Man I tell ya. I have learned a bit about myself lately. Maybe it’s because I havent slept well the last couple weeks. Maybe it’s because I am learning a new operating system at work. Maybe it’s because I am just a crotchety old “get off my lawn” kinda old man deep inside. Not the @CarMichael Angelo type (he can run and even build a computer), but the type that thinks these computers these days just make life harder. Who needs them???? (In my best angry old man voice)

My local tuner is being a great guy, going above and beyond to help me. Even when I’m not asking him to. He messages me, asks me questions, tells me to go try this or that. But I tell you what. I downloaded Tunerstudio, he is sending me files to try... You think I can get the :poo: to work on the laptop I acquired? Hell no. The download is right there in “My Documents” on the computer. You think Tunerstudio can find it? Nope, like it doesn’t exist, except I’m looking right at it.

Told my guy he is going to have to keep coming over and doing it in person when he has time. I can be patient. I’m not about to sit and waste his time when I can’t run a computer worth a f*ck.

Glad I didn’t try to go this route you Steve. @a91what We probably wouldn’t be on speaking terms, lol.

• Haha
I'm also not the most technologically savvy. Didn't even know how to save contacts in my phone. Hell, last week I cleared all the apps off my home screen....and then didn't even know how to actually dial a phone number...couldn't find the phone button thing. Smh

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I just want to see excellent dyno numbers and repeated posts of him enjoying driving the car

Thanks man, that’s all I’m after as well. I love wrenching, and building things with my hands. But a guy has to know his limitations. I want nothing to do with the tuning. Many of you enjoy it, I simply don’t. So fingers crossed next week it’s finished and ready for me to finish the paint and install my subframe connectors.

PS, he seems to think it will make decent numbers for the combo I have. This is what he said before I had even removed the air silencer. Of course the dyno will need to back it up though.

1F8C4323-59D7-4C61-B411-9D5D3439E262.jpeg

Man I tell ya. I have learned a bit about myself lately. Maybe it’s because I havent slept well the last couple weeks. Maybe it’s because I am learning a new operating system at work. Maybe it’s because I am just a crotchety old “get off my lawn” kinda old man deep inside. Not the @CarMichael Angelo type (he can run and even build a computer), but the type that thinks these computers these days just make life harder. Who needs them???? (In my best angry old man voice)

My local tuner is being a great guy, going above and beyond to help me. Even when I’m not asking him to. He messages me, asks me questions, tells me to go try this or that. But I tell you what. I downloaded Tunerstudio, he is sending me files to try... You think I can get the :poo: to work on the laptop I acquired? Hell no. The download is right there in “My Documents” on the computer. You think Tunerstudio can find it? Nope, like it doesn’t exist, except I’m looking right at it.

Told my guy he is going to have to keep coming over and doing it in person when he has time. I can be patient. I’m not about to sit and waste his time when I can’t run a computer worth a f*ck.

Glad I didn’t try to go this route you Steve. @a91what We probably wouldn’t be on speaking terms, lol.

You are trying to do too much. You're in multiple alien environments both at work and to the newly acquired laptop.

Now you're trying to learn to play a professional sport without ever having had the instruction to breathe. Until the breathing becomes second nature, the sport will be unachievable.

Here is where to start:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+basics

Select a video that corresponds with your version of Windows.

Don't know what version you have? Click [Start] and begin typing [System Information]. Allow the computer to populate the search window and hit [Enter] once [System Information] is highlighted. Allow time for the screen to populate. The System Summary will show you which version of Windows you're running, on the top line.

Hopefully there weren't too many typos in that. :D

You are trying to do too much. You're in multiple alien environments both at work and to the newly acquired laptop.

Now you're trying to learn to play a professional sport without ever having had the instruction to breathe. Until the breathing becomes second nature, the sport will be unachievable.

Here is where to start:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+basics

Select a video that corresponds with your version of Windows.

Don't know what version you have? Click [Start] and begin typing [System Information]. Allow the computer to populate the search window and hit [Enter] once [System Information] is highlighted. Allow time for the screen to populate. The System Summary will show you which version of Windows you're running, on the top line.

Hopefully there weren't too many typos in that. :D

I appreciate this Noobz, but I’m going to let my guy do his thing. I have no desire to even learn it.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users