nos????????

• Sponsors (?)

Fyi nos is a brand. Nitrous is the mod. And fyi again dry kits are safer and better for our stangs. I won't beat a dead horse but it has to do with our intakes never being designed to flow fuel and having puddling issues and kabooming the intakes. However a direct port kit would be a different story but that is just expensive for a street car.

The minimum shot for a direct port is like 250, which is a lot.

Kurt

funny.. we have .018 in our 2nd kit... which is right around 100hp

and you will never convince me dry is better. i dont care how you want to word it. needing to add extra fuel by the injectors is the wrong way to do it.

Wet kits work fine, but the history speaks for itself. NOS, the leader in nitrous technology at the time, designed the dry kit specifically for the 5.0 Mustang because people were having trouble with conventional wet kits. Things are made to meet a need. If the wet kits didn't have problems, there would never have been a dry kit.

Kurt

Nitrous isn't exactly cheap to start with. I'm sure I've got $1200 into my nitrous setup, and I bed I could have gotten a used blower for about the same price.

Kurt

funny.. we have .018 in our 2nd kit... which is right around 100hp

and you will never convince me dry is better. i dont care how you want to word it. needing to add extra fuel by the injectors is the wrong way to do it.

That's the way Ford does it from the factory and the reason the fuel pressure regulator is a pressure sensitive type system, otherwise there would be no need for a vacuum line to be hooked to it. Boosted engines do it this way all the time. As long as your injectors are big enough for the needed fuel, there is nothing wrong with adding fuel via the fuel injectors (imagine that..lol).

Oh the wonders of Fords fuel injection system

Nitrous isn't exactly cheap to start with. I'm sure I've got $1200 into my nitrous setup, and I bed I could have gotten a used blower for about the same price.

Kurt

Yup, even with a cheap basic kit, then add the purge, heater, blanket, window switch, gauge, etc. Plus any other gadgets that aren't needed but are nice to have like an extra bottle, remote bottle opener, electronic controller, etc. it could cost well above that.