Odd problem that i cant seem to put a finger on

Liberto

Feb 17, 2007
Ok so i havent been home to drive my car for about a week... my mother was driving it because i was nice enough to let her......... ( i know....) so i get in my car today and i notice

-The factory keyless entry remote is not working... the trunk... panic unloclk etc.
- I put new batteries in and still nothing

- The car when running has like a wooshing sound to it.
- checked the oil and all the fluids everything seemed perfect like i left it. i think it might be the belt or belt tensioner?

- I'll be driving in like 4th gear and slightly accelerating or crusing and i'll get s light miss... i just did motorcraft sparkplug wires and copper plugs gapped at .054 MAYBE or close to 1K ago and i CANNOT seem to get more that 50miles from full to 3/4 a tank i have K&N drop in filter that was cleaned with the map sencer about 400 miles so i'm guessing that this slight miss is really ****ing up my gas milage... ok guys sorry it seems like i just listed a bunch of **** i tried to figure it out but any help is much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

for the keyless entry.. there is a sequence you can do to reprogram it.. I had to do it to mine.. I cant however remember exactly what it is.

this is what i found figured i'd share it with all of you... 94-98 GT

go to the trunk by the left rear tail light pull down the panal and you will see a wire conector( gray) unplug turn the key on touch the 2 termanal together for a sec. the doors will lock and unlock at this time have all your remotes ready and press any button on each one the doors will unlock then lock turn the key off and your done . now it also will be located on the rt side under the side panal but look both places.

Personal NOTE: the red button is a fuel pump cut off switch... i found that out the hard way... look more to the left and it just looks like 2 wires with a connector at the end that looks like it should be plugged in somewhere... just stick a screw driver in that bitch and you'll be set

One down two to go lol

there is a sequence to program,if you have the owners manual it will say. I think mine(99) you have to cycle the key 10 times and press a certian button.read the manual.also if your battery went dead or you just unhooked it,it seems to take awhile till you get your mileage back(on mine anyway)

there is a sequence to program,if you have the owners manual it will say. I think mine(99) you have to cycle the key 10 times and press a certian button.read the manual.also if your battery went dead or you just unhooked it,it seems to take awhile till you get your mileage back(on mine anyway)
its odd when i first got the car i could get 75 from full to 3/4 being heavy on the gas... now with the x pipe (no mil's eliminators) i'm luck if i can get 50 miles being easy on it (not taking it above 2500 rpm) i mean damn i didnt expect that much of a drop in mpg! i cleaned the K&N filter via recharge kit... and since i had it out i cleaned the MAF... for about a full tank it was a noticable increase in mpg... then after that it all went back down

So the car didn't start to miss until AFTER the new plugs? I think you gapped them wrong or the COPs aren't getting good connectivity.
i dont know when it started to do it because its such a slight miss... but i just noticed it the other day. The plugs are gaped to .054 their autolite copper core plugs i think if i remember correctly their 104's i had MSD wires but one of them went bad so for now i replaced them with motorcraft oe wires i have the coil packs not the coil on plug's (96 gt)

okay, i checked my manual on programing(99).turn key from off to on rapidly (within 10 seconds) 8 times,leaving in on position.door locks should cycle.press any button on all the remotes you want to program,up to 4.
don't know what you call a whoosing noise,so can't help.a slight miss that is noticable in 4th and 5th gear generally is in the secondary side of ign(plugs,wires,coil).
mileage for some reason goes down for awhile after battery is unhooked,I am assuming the computer is learning the fuel tables.also it could have to due with the type of fuel(winter or summer blend).
Just thought of some thing--make sure you don't have a vacuum leak,can cause all your problems,less remote of course

yeah i think i'm gonna pull all the plugs and wires off and check them out... take a ohm meter to them and make sure their just not defected, if its the coiuls i'll be alright cuz i wanna get screamin deamond ones anyway... their cheaper than stock too...

Do seafoam all 3 ways, and double check that maf element. I cleaned mine once, and some stupid piece of cotton was stuck to the little maf wire, causing all sorts of craziness. Also, give that IAC a good cleaning with some chlorinated brakleen, and some PB Blaster.

one of my mustang friends said its either the maf so i'm gonna take one out of my cobra and throw it in there and see what it does... or plugs (I just installed new plugs and wires about 3 weeks ago to a .054 gap and their copper core autolite 104's) so i'm installing the autolite XP104's that are irridium fine wire's and setting the gap to .054 or maybe .050)

ADD: cleaned the MAF and IAC no difference

one of my mustang friends said its either the maf so i'm gonna take one out of my cobra and throw it in there and see what it does... or plugs (I just installed new plugs and wires about 3 weeks ago to a .054 gap and their copper core autolite 104's) so i'm installing the autolite XP104's that are irridium fine wire's and setting the gap to .054 or maybe .050)

ADD: cleaned the MAF and IAC no difference
When changing MAF you must have the car re-tuned.

Also, the plugs you installed and the gap they are set to is fine.

Both of those ideas are bad.

When changing MAF you must have the car re-tuned.

Also, the plugs you installed and the gap they are set to is fine.

Both of those ideas are bad.

to be honest with ya i just got done changing out the MAF and the plugs... the car seems to run fine so far... i've only drove it to the gas station and back but tomorrow i'll know before the day is out

A local shop told me that if its not a problem with spark (and it doesnt seem to be) then the cylinders or cylinder is loading up with fuel since i dont notice a problem at WOT and i have a problem with my milage i'm under the impression that this is whats going on any suggestions where i should look first?

check for any codes... and i have only ever gotten 64 miles to the 1st 1/4 of a tank my car once, and that was with stock gears with exhaust with the cruise set on 70...

fuel sending units are retardedly inaccurate..

as for the miss, take the gap down to .50 or .45 and see if that fixes it.. coil might be going out

check for any codes... and i have only ever gotten 64 miles to the 1st 1/4 of a tank my car once, and that was with stock gears with exhaust with the cruise set on 70...

fuel sending units are retardedly inaccurate..

as for the miss, take the gap down to .50 or .45 and see if that fixes it.. coil might be going out

if the coil was going out it would miss like that? at a certain rpm and only while crusing?

It all came down to a small exhaust leak at the manifold on the passanger side... and a faulty O2 on the passanger side ( bank 2 sencer1 ) car runs back to normal... getting 75 miles from FULL to the FIRST quarter tank... thanx