Odd problem....

brandonl

Mar 28, 2006
NJ
I just bought an SN95 GT with a strange problem. The oil cap is actually touching the silicone coupler that connects the first section of the air intake tube to the throttle body, so you can not spin the oil cap off without removing the intake. The parts on this car are regular off the shelf direct fit replacements so it doesnt seem to make sense. The intake manifold is a Ford Motorsport bolt on, the throttle body is 65mm and the intake is a cold air set up with a very normal looking tube with the only size coupler that could fit it and the throttle body. Has anyone out there heard of such a thing? If so, what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

Brandon, you have the same CAI as me probably, think its a MAC or BBK. Its really no big deal that its touching, not harming anything. To take it off just push on the CAI away from it while twisting the cap. May take a lil more muscle then you think but it doesnt require you to take the CAI off

welcome to :SNSign:

Mine is a little different in that it touches the breather line (I have to hold the breather line away from the oil fill). I agree that it's not a big deal in either case.

Good luck.

Brandon, you have the same CAI as me probably, think its a MAC or BBK. Its really no big deal that its touching, not harming anything. To take it off just push on the CAI away from it while twisting the cap. May take a lil more muscle then you think but it doesnt require you to take the CAI off

welcome to :SNSign:

Me too (MAC). Welcome to the game.:nice: I have to remove the CAI from the TB to remove the oil cap but I have a 3/8" intake spacer which sets it just above the oil cap.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping I wasnt crazy. I put a 1/2" FRP intake spacer and it didnt help much. I will just deal with popping the intake coupler off to add oil.

Thanks again,
Brandon