Oil Sep Install...

Looks good. Where did you buy your catch can? I got mine at Home Depot, but yours looks a little bigger. Here's a pic of mine mounted, it's un-tested as of yet.

IM000035.jpg

Attachments

• IM000035.jpg
    IM000035.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Sponsors (?)

I will shoot you guys the write up once I get home from work tonight, or first thing in the am.

Mike, that things looks clean man. I would have liked to have set mine up similar, but my engine compartment is freaking cramped!!! By the way, I got my "catch can" from the Home Depot. Out of curiosity, what size lines are you going to run to/from that?

seijirou, man I just did not want to go through the hassle of possibly screwing up the oil pan lol. If I had an extra pan to play around with I would have, but actually getting the stock pan off requires dropping the K member or pulling the engine. You could get it out by jacking up the engine and supporting it with some 2x4's I guess, but Im not big on that idea. Im also not a big fan of drilling into the pan when I can not get it off to make sure no metal shavings got in.

StangLou said:
Mike, that things looks clean man. I would have liked to have set mine up similar, but my engine compartment is freaking cramped!!! By the way, I got my "catch can" from the Home Depot. Out of curiosity, what size lines are you going to run to/from that?

Thanks, I'm gonna be running 3/8 fuel line hose for the whole thing, same size as stock PCV hose. I got my can at Home Depot too, but it's Husky instead of Amflo. It's all they had, but at least it was only $11. My motor is out right now, so that's why I haven't been able to get it hooked up.

If anyone makes any convoluted turns with the hose, I used hydraulic line and it worked well since it has such a stiff wall (I was concerned with the hose kinking as it made a turn).

Otherwise, the aforementioned fuel line is easier to work with.

Otherwise, the aforementioned fuel line is easier to work with.

Definately! I was a bit worried as well about the fuel line kinking in the bend from the catch can to the 2nd filter. As you can see I used a LOT of extra line to make the turn as gradual as possible. Any less line and I was afraid of kinking.

Did you install the oil baffle that goes on the lower intake? I did NOT and I have the same problem of oil... I have read that switching the stock oil baffle over to your new intake DRASTICALLY reduces this problem.

I'm thinking about pulling mine all apart again to do this, or make a custom baffle to deflect the oil.

StangLou said:
Definately! I was a bit worried as well about the fuel line kinking in the bend from the catch can to the 2nd filter. As you can see I used a LOT of extra line to make the turn as gradual as possible. Any less line and I was afraid of kinking.

I bought a couple plastic 90 degree barb fittings in case I needed to make any sharp turns with the hose. My local ACE hardware had a great selection of handy plastic fittings that you would never find at the auto parts store.

Did you install the oil baffle that goes on the lower intake?

If your talking about the oil baffle screen that fits underneath the pcv, then yes I reinstalled that. Anything else, and I am not sure what your talking about lol. You do not need to disassemble the system to install a new one of those baffles. It takes some breaking of your hand, but it can be done without removing anything.

My local ACE hardware had a great selection of handy plastic fittings that you would never find at the auto parts store.

Its unbelievable how hard it is to find decent plastic fittings at auto parts stores. Im with you, I just went to Home Depot, and went straight to the plumbing isle! All the brass/plastic fittings you could dream off right there on the wall.

I am shooting you guys the email now! Hope it helps! Any other questions, feel free to shoot me a pm/email.