Ok I Sold My Soul, So What!!

93FESTER

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2002
GRESHAM OR
Yep that is right, after a month and a half of working at the VW shop, i went and sold my soul to the great German devil its self. This afternoon the wife and i baught a used 1999 VW New Beetle. On the bright side it is a 1.8 turbo, five speed. It has lowering springs and a K&n cold air kit. I know what everyone is thinking, that bastard sold out and went import. Well yeah, so what. I am smart enough to realize that owning a mustang at this point in my life would only end up badly. The insurance along would kill me. Not to mention gas to and from beaverton every day. Ha right. The Beetle is rasonably quick for what it is, and who knows maby i can add some more mods in the future. Im thinking of a front mount intercooler and turbo upgrade, chip, exhaust, and some cams. Guess we will have to see though. It gets me to and from work, and should get about 350 miles per tank of gas, and that is with my foot into it. ITs a nice car. Lots of room inside. And who knows maby soon i will need to putting something special in and out of the back seat????? :shrug: :shrug: Have a great day everyone!!

• Sponsors (?)

Now now... aside from Ford and Dodge, VW is my other favorite car. All of our cars are American, except for the little 1992 Jetta that just won't quit. It's like the little engine that could. If my next car isn't a stang, it'll be my sister's 01 Jetta. They're not bad, people!

Anyway, congrats on you're new purchase! VW clubs are usually really really active, if you're interested.

93FESTER said:
Yep that is right, after a month and a half of working at the VW shop, i went and sold my soul to the great German devil its self. This afternoon the wife and i baught a used 1999 VW New Beetle. On the bright side it is a 1.8 turbo, five speed. It has lowering springs and a K&n cold air kit. I know what everyone is thinking, that bastard sold out and went import. Well yeah, so what. I am smart enough to realize that owning a mustang at this point in my life would only end up badly. The insurance along would kill me. Not to mention gas to and from beaverton every day. Ha right. The Beetle is rasonably quick for what it is, and who knows maby i can add some more mods in the future. Im thinking of a front mount intercooler and turbo upgrade, chip, exhaust, and some cams. Guess we will have to see though. It gets me to and from work, and should get about 350 miles per tank of gas, and that is with my foot into it. ITs a nice car. Lots of room inside. And who knows maby soon i will need to putting something special in and out of the back seat????? :shrug: :shrug: Have a great day everyone!!

ok so did you keep the focus? I take it shes driving now? whos car is whos? I'd imagine the vw is hers since it has a flower vase mounted inside :D

BTW.. I had a 59 vw ragtop for 3 years that I just sold about 2 yr ago. LOVED that car!!

Yeah we still have the Focus, she is going to drive it since it is a auto. The Beetle is a fun car to drive, gets good gas milage, pretty quick for what it is. YEah ok their is a flower holder in it, am i going to put flowers in it, no. YEah its not a stang, but hey, im not going to live in this imaginary world and think i can afford a stang, along with the other things i want to do with my wife. You know we would like to have a family in the near future, we would like to get into a house too. Im just trying to be realistic about what i can and can't do. I still love mustangs, not like im going to sit here and talk **** about how fast my car is, and how i can beat up on stangs, im not like that. YEah i may not drive the coolest car in the world, but i like it and that is really all that matters i guess.

we have a couple jetta's and passats at my dealership, if anything they feel as if they are built as stiff and a brick wall, really nice cars. but, at the end of the day im glad i roll home in the stangerous.

Im not trying to sound like a dick or anything, i just would like people to realize that not everyone can afford a stang, and some people have to do with what they can. I am not expecting everyone to like it, but at least respect it and me please.

93FESTER said:
Im not trying to sound like a dick or anything, i just would like people to realize that not everyone can afford a stang, and some people have to do with what they can. I am not expecting everyone to like it, but at least respect it and me please.

Well said. I want a Jetta until I can afford a stang. Well, more like the insurance on the new GT I want. :D And until I buy my own car and pay my own insurance, a Jetta may be the next hand me down I get.

my ex had a jetta. they're to small, only good thing about them is you can some how always manage to fit into the tightest parellel parking spots in seattle. i'm 6'1" and i had to bend my head to the side or lay the seat flatback whenever she drove. i usually opted for lying the seat back cause i didn't want to be seen in it. :rlaugh:

wazazzle said:
my ex had a jetta. they're to small, only good thing about them is you can some how always manage to fit into the tightest parellel parking spots in seattle. i'm 6'1" and i had to bend my head to the side or lay the seat flatback whenever she drove. i usually opted for lying the seat back cause i didn't want to be seen in it. :rlaugh:

I'm 5'3... I don't have that problem. lol

at 6'-2" I have to cram into any VW. But they aren't bad cars. Fester93, at least you know where your priorities are. Drive the beetle around, do some mods to it, and after you get the home and a couple kiddies, you can always come back and build a stang.

You could go cheap like me and build fox-bodies! Doesnt really matter as long as it's fun.

DrkGreenStang said:
Now now... aside from Ford and Dodge, VW is my other favorite car. All of our cars are American, except for the little 1992 Jetta that just won't quit. It's like the little engine that could. If my next car isn't a stang, it'll be my sister's 01 Jetta. They're not bad, people!

Anyway, congrats on you're new purchase! VW clubs are usually really really active, if you're interested.
talk about a little jetta engine that could...

We just bought a Beetle this weekend too. My wife normally drives our Excursion, but with the current gas prices it is costing us between $400 - $500 per month just in fuel! So we decieded to find a good daily driver for her that was fairly inexpensive and cute. We got a 2002 1.8 Turbo Sport. It's silver, with grey leather and came with chrome 18's. It actually looks pretty cool. Since I only drive 12 miles to work, I'm going to drive the Excursion everyday, and since the Mustang is in getting the KB put on right now, I'll be able to park it for nice days.