One panic stop = warped rotors?

gashog

Dec 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
So i'm driving the other day and this truck pulls out in front of me on a 2 lane highway i'm doing 70mph and had to slam on the brakes (they worked great btw). I hit them hard enough for the abs to kick on. Now when I apply the brakes they shake. My question is whether or not ford will warranty this.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Sponsors (?)

Still had the car less then 12 months/12000 miles? Then yes. Just don't tell them what happened. lol Anything after that, then no. Pads/rotors are considered a wearable item.

There's no way you warped them. I have yet to ever see a truly warped rotor in my life. Even with all the freakyness I see at track day events. Cracked ones, sure, but even that's rare. The caliper usually bust before the rotors.

But yes take it to Ford asap, it's under warranty.

A lot of us are waiting for enough owner complaints to finally pile in about the leaky brake fluid cap that Ford will finally issue a TSB.

Because that cap leaks it can cause a depressurizing of the ENTIRE braking system when under load. This causes the ABS to trigger when you apply the brakes with sudden light to moderate force. The cap seal is breached, leaks fluid (which also means letting in air), pressure dips, the wheel slips so the ABS pulses.

So far all it really does is cause you to lose some stopping distance and of couse freak out drivers when the ABS kicks in for no apparent reason. It also only lasts for a second at most...most the time.

One day we can only hope....