Opinion on gauges?

BigPerm65

Oct 29, 2018
Minnesota
If you were only going to install two gauges on a boosted car, what would they be? I was originally thinking (1) boost and (2) AFR. But, perhaps it would be more logical to do an oil or fuel pressure gauge instead of the AFR? I feel like the AFR would really only be valuable for tuning, while the oil or fuel pressure would be more realistic for typical use.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say it would depend on your application are you gonna track the car?
example for my frs which i track im gonna be putting oil temp/pressure and coolant.
id say for a boosted perspective AFR and oil pressure. Something to consider is the innovate oil pressure gauge that doubles for temp aswell.

MTXD_OilPressTemp.gif

I'd say it would depend on your application are you gonna track the car?
example for my frs which i track im gonna be putting oil temp/pressure and coolant.
id say for a boosted perspective AFR and oil pressure. Something to consider is the innovate oil pressure gauge that doubles for temp aswell.

MTXD_OilPressTemp.gif
Funny - I'm looking at those exact gauges. The car is a 100% street car, and I think I've determined that one of the gauges will be oil pressure/temp. I struggle with the AFR however because I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that data outside of a tuning session. Mind you I'm new to fuel injected and boosted cars, so maybe there is an actual advantage to having an AFR readout at the ready?

Could easily say the same for a boost gauge - but boost is just cool, even if it is less than 10 psi!

Funny - I'm looking at those exact gauges. The car is a 100% street car, and I think I've determined that one of the gauges will be oil pressure/temp. I struggle with the AFR however because I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that data outside of a tuning session. Mind you I'm new to fuel injected and boosted cars, so maybe there is an actual advantage to having an AFR readout at the ready?

Could easily say the same for a boost gauge - but boost is just cool, even if it is less than 10 psi!

I'd lean more towards AFR since boost yeah its nice to see how much your running but it doesnt tell you much information of the general operations of the car.
the mustang is a NA car from the start and adding boost means your mess with the fuel and air(duhhh) so the gauge will give you a better idea and youll be able to share the information with the tuner if you see something off