Parking Lot Spot Divided Finanaly Got Me

NJBob

Dec 18, 2014
NJ
Knuckhead me, pulled into a spot head first and drove over the 6" or 7" high spot divider and cracked my lower front bumper.......

I'm lucky I have a local guy that's good who says he can pull it off fix it, paint it and re-install for about $750
Only problem he is backed up and I have to wait till the 24th.....

I was almost gonna go for the Rousch already painted at 1800, but I know it just another year or so before it happens again. Also the Roush wont work if you have adaptive cruiz control and proximity alerts.

I can tell you I'm so upset that I don't even want to drive it till its fixed. I'm stopping by a local place near where I live if he can do it this week I don't mind paying more.

Lesson learned, I work for UPS 26 years and 90% of the time I always back into spots.

• Sponsors (?)

I always stop before the curb.........................seriously though, get some orange cones or something and practice getting to know the sight lines of the car. I can pull up to within a foot of the curb with the front bumper every time. It is just getting to know where your 4 corners of the car are.

Attachments

• Front lower bumper close up.jpg
    Front lower bumper close up.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Side pop out.jpg
    Side pop out.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 257