Electrical Passenger window does not work

Still haven’t gotten around to putting power to it, had to do an alternator on an accord today. I put a test light on the down wire on the drivers side for the passenger window. Test light turns on. Same wire but on the passenger side, wire does not turn on. So I know that the issue is the down wire on the passenger side is not getting power. Motor should be just fine. I’m just not sure where to look lol.

Well. Did some more testing. Took a wire from the negative battery terminal and touched both the yellow/red wire and the yellow/black wire and the window rolls down.

Tested for continuity from the yellow/black wire and my tester shows continuity with every other wire there is.. what the hell? I’m not a wiring genius so this is confusing the hell out of me.

I used to solder the wire ends together than shrink wrap..
Now I remove the plastic from the butt connector and only use the metal part inside.. I purchased some expensive crimpers so my crimps are pretty nice ...Then I slide a piece of shrink wrap over it... If you can use the smallest butt connector that fits, its a pretty small connection size wise...
Sometimes I take 2 pieces of shrink wrap, one size larger than the other and do a double shrink wrap connection if its in a spot that gets wet, or can rub against something.......

Reactions: 1 user
Fixed it. First I put butt connectors right where the wires broke in the door hinge. Big mistake as they broke as soon as I shut the door. After pulling it back out, I had another harness lying around (the different one I referred to). I took that, cut the hardwired switch off, then used butt connectors to put the plugs on. This way there is no tension on the connectors. I loomed around the area that goes through the door to prevent any further pinching.

Both windows work, and the car now has 5% tint all around thank you everyone!

Not in fayettenam nc lol. And no inspections. Had the same in my 4 runner for over a year
My understanding is it a federal law to protect police if your pulled over and they can come to your door and see if your pointing a gun at them or not... I have watched video's of cops with a sensor device they set on the glass to measure the amount of light transmittance.....

Tint laws vary State by State and even city by city.
What was legal when I lived in Washington State was different when I moved to Maine. The % tint allowed was different.
In Maine, you have to keep a receipt in the car from the window tinting business that shows the % of tint applied to each piece of glass.
No such requirement in Washington State at that time. I was somewhat concerned about it because the tinted windows in my car were done in Washington State and I had no receipt. Turns out it is a nothing burger.

As far as why the wires broke by the door hinge, that is where the harness is flexed the most when opening and closing the door. Bend the wire back and forth enough, add in the years of service and the wires get brittle and break.