Electrical Passenger window does not work

This is what I would do; (i'm not very good at wiring) find the down wire on the plug for the switch, apply 12v, window goes down, that works.
Find up wire, apply 12v window goes up, motor is good.
With test light make sure you have 12v coming into the switch pad.
Still haven’t gotten around to putting power to it, had to do an alternator on an accord today. I put a test light on the down wire on the drivers side for the passenger window. Test light turns on. Same wire but on the passenger side, wire does not turn on. So I know that the issue is the down wire on the passenger side is not getting power. Motor should be just fine. I’m just not sure where to look lol.

• Sponsors (?)

Well. Did some more testing. Took a wire from the negative battery terminal and touched both the yellow/red wire and the yellow/black wire and the window rolls down.

Tested for continuity from the yellow/black wire and my tester shows continuity with every other wire there is.. what the hell? I’m not a wiring genius so this is confusing the hell out of me.

Found it. Y/B wire broken in the door hinge. Almost every wire looks like it’s about to break lol. Imma put in some butt connectors and call it a day

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 1 user
I used to solder the wire ends together than shrink wrap..
Now I remove the plastic from the butt connector and only use the metal part inside.. I purchased some expensive crimpers so my crimps are pretty nice ...Then I slide a piece of shrink wrap over it... If you can use the smallest butt connector that fits, its a pretty small connection size wise...
Sometimes I take 2 pieces of shrink wrap, one size larger than the other and do a double shrink wrap connection if its in a spot that gets wet, or can rub against something.......

Reactions: 1 user