PATS delete service?

• Sponsors (?)

The car ran prior to me purchasing it. The previous owner purchased it with a bad transmission, only had reverse. he parked it and when he went to fix the transmission it wouldn't start and he just gave up on it. I'll look for that EDIS module.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay then great,
Replace the edis module and remove the theft bulb
You should be able to get three of those modules at the junkyard for 25 bucks
Might be a little pricy from Ford and I would hesitate to run aftermarket

So a small update. After going through the powertrain service manual I've troubleshot it down to a bad computer. There is no module between the coils and the computer on the 98 and "I think" all of the EEC-V models integrated that into the computer. The EEC-IV vehicles use that style ignition with a separate module.

I ordered a replacement computer and it should be here today so I need to program keys with the FORSCAN so it will start. Any of you replace your computer and have to reprogram new keys?

Reactions: 1 user
PickupMan,
Your 98 should have an EDIS module?
Thinking back, I have forgot most of this stuff
You did not mention in post 1 which motor your 98 GT has. I will assume 4.6 with 2 coil packs
Both coils should be controlled by an EDIS module on your 98
Thank god you have or have access to an H manual
I think they bury the EDIS module in a Mustang behind the fender apron and all you can see is the connector when searching for it

The EDIS module is now part of the PCM. I wish it was a separate part as it would have saved me quite a bit of money but the good news is that was the problem and we got the engine started. She didn't run well but it does start and the rest I can figure out as I go. Thanks for all your help and input. Can't wait to get it on the road and enjoy the car.