Performance Plus Dyno Pricing

CeeDubYa said:
I have a funny feeling that nobody is going to spend the expense of using the wideband sensor itself, let alone having a bung installed for one single pull, that would in fact be quite silly. Further more, he people who are coming down simply for a HP/TQ number, for the most part are not going to be using the A/F sensor anyway.

Running a mail-order/telephone tune, while quite possibly could, and in some cases, does work very well, will never be as bang on as a tune done in-house on a dyno, but kudos to anyone who can provide a safe, yet well performing tune with datalogs sent back and forth.

Our pricing is more than fair. We have the one of the most advanced dynos (In fact there is only two dyno's in western Canada - one in Winnipeg, another in Alberta - that have a higher horsepower capability than the MD-1100) in the Country. We based our prices to be competitive, yet fair, with the rest of the Market. You may find a place that is a few dollars cheaper here or there, but really, are you going to drive to Calgary to save some gas money? The reson the prices may be lower in Calgary (we're using them as an example I see) is that there are SEVEN dynos in the city alone, therefore there is a need for a more competitve market. We made the investment to bring the convenience of a chassis dyno to our province, and are more than convinced that the numbers we charge, are more than fair.

Hopefully we will be seeing each and every one of you in the future. Cheers.

Colin
--Performance Plus

Have you decided on software yet?

SCT has helped many dealers tune a car on the dyno over the phone. If the car being dyno-tuned has the SCT Extreme Tuner Package and their file on hand, they can tune the car on the dyno or get help from their SCT Dealer. It is a piece of cake for those with the SCT Pro Racer package.

• Sponsors (?)

WOT said:
I still think for HP and A/F $170 bucks and hour is a little pricey. But whatever.

I think I will be investing in a wideband and data logger.

actually the price is $100.00/hr, sensor hook up, is 35.00 thats 135.00 hr. We'll stick the wideband wherever you're planning on putting your own. Tailpipe, rear 02 bung. To have the bung and plug purchased and installed for 35.00 is a one time deal and is an OPTION.

We also have the innovate widebands on special for $425.00 if you want your own.

Oh and its $20.00 for a bung and plug if you want one. Or 35.00 installed if you don't have a welder.

my two cents

I called over a dozen dyno shops in western canada and the us. The result...

Our pricing is at the lower quartile. Not the lowest but less than AVERAGE.

If you can come up with a way to get it running at over 50% capacity, we could lower the rates. EWish we were in calgary, a million people and all.

Brian

macdaddy said:
I called over a dozen dyno shops in western canada and the us. The result...

Our pricing is at the lower quartile. Not the lowest but less than AVERAGE.

If you can come up with a way to get it running at over 50% capacity, we could lower the rates. EWish we were in calgary, a million people and all.

Brian

Any decision on tuning software?

macdaddy said:
actually the price is $100.00/hr, sensor hook up, is 35.00 thats 135.00 hr. We'll stick the wideband wherever you're planning on putting your own. Tailpipe, rear 02 bung. To have the bung and plug purchased and installed for 35.00 is a one time deal and is an OPTION.

We also have the innovate widebands on special for $425.00 if you want your own.

Oh and its $20.00 for a bung and plug if you want one. Or 35.00 installed if you don't have a welder.

Now that is what am talking about!

100 an hour is more then reasonable. 170 just didn't sound right.