Petition to remove front plates in TEXAS. SIGN PLEASE!

• Sponsors (?)

Man, i really hope they get rid of this requirement even though ive never had one on there in the first place. I thought they were supposed to get rid of it a year ago, but then heard that they forgot to vote on it or some bs like that. Hopefully they will finally do away with it.

from what i remember last year didnt they already give the ok that we do not need any front LP? i was pulled over about a month ago because my exhaust was too loud and the cop just loved my car and was saying " thats nice that you took off the front LP i always thought it was dumb to have it, thank god they finally passed the law saying that it was ok with out it" So im confused now?:shrug:

guys do you know how many of those i've seen? just do what i do. have balls and rock no plates, if they ask why ya dont have plates say the body shop lost the front one or something. be creative. its fun :)

- Sorry, I wish I could sign but I'm not from Texas.

- But, I certainly agree with you. I recently got a ticket not having my issued front plate. At the time, I assumed the cop must've not liked my patriotic license plate.

- In a city where literally millions of people use their cars as a means of expressing their individuality (dubs, scissor-doors, thumpin subwoofers, body kits, custom exhaust, chameleon paint, car clubs, low-riders, etc), I got a $25 ticket for having a patriotic license plate on the front of my car instead of the issued plate.

- One glance at California traffic (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, or wherever) and it is apparent that half of all cars either have no front plate (to avoid camera issued red-light tickets) or they have some custom plate with a personalized expression of themselves (which seems to be encouraged as long as it isn't a patriotic expression).

- On 26 Dec 06, Officer J. Otto in West Hollywood near Beverly Hills obviously objected to my "Let's Roll" front license place because he ticketed me while my car was parallel parked near the corner of Fuller Ave and Melrose Ave (south of Santa Monica Ave). And a fine Merry Christmas to you too Officer Otto.

- For what it's worth the "Let's Roll" expression was made famous on 9/11 by the passengers' valiant actions on Flight 93 when they prevented that hijacked flight from reaching intended target in Washington D.C. I put it on my car because we are a nation at war with so many brave, dedicated Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines deployed to the far reaches of the globe and because I'm a proud veteran retired from 20 years service in the US Army.

- Interesting sidenote: check out this new license plate recognition system the police are using (this might result in more states requiring front license plates):

http://www.baitcar.com/sites/baitcar-com.bryght.net/files/alpr.wmv
:eek:

- Ahhh, okay, thanks for letting me vent a little. :D

NopatriotisminLA.jpg

Attachments

• NopatriotisminLA.jpg
    NopatriotisminLA.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 100
I tried to be creative, but i still got a ticket for no front plate. The only reason the cop pulled me over was just because I had no front plate....I wasn't even hot rodding. I think the law is stupid and the reasons for having the law is :bs: I still have no holes drilled in my front bumper and dont plan on ever putting the plate on. It would awesome though if all states got rid of the law so I wouldnt have to worry everytime i go by a cop. Michigan doesn't have a front license plate law...lets all move there.:flag:

Thanks all for your help :) . And yes there have been many of these, but last year was the closest it has come....and yes they did vote on it last year, but was struck down buy just a few votes. This petetion probably wont change the law per say...but what it WILL do is atleast make them vote on it and may persuade some of them to just pass it seeing all the people wanting it.

And like said, it only takes a minute...if that. IMHO its worth the effort.

15561 signatures is nothing to laugh at...thats alot of peeps so far :).

If you guys can, please post it wherever you can...I think ill throw it on SRT forums and maybe some LS1 forums. This definatly isnt mustang specific....and I KNOW the srt-4 guys HATE the front plates.

you dont have to be from TX to sign it. i'm 1800 miles away and i signed it.

you can always move to NC we dont have front plates either.
hotmustang, i have a house for rent next to me, you can move in and we can both quit our jobs and work on our cars all day. we can justb rob a bank when we need some mod money!:nice:

Good luck. We have tried this multiple times in Virginia, but each time it goes before our House of Delegates it gets shot down. The state police always come in and convince the representatives that it makes our state safer. Stupid politicians.