Petition to remove front plates in TEXAS. SIGN PLEASE!

• Sponsors (?)

front1.jpg

i live in the lonestar state :) unless you get hassled for no plates just dont worry about it. having a car that doesn't look supermodified helps a lot too.

- Sorry, I wish I could sign but I'm not from Texas.

- But, I certainly agree with you. I recently got a ticket not having my issued front plate. At the time, I assumed the cop must've not liked my patriotic license plate.

- In a city where literally millions of people use their cars as a means of expressing their individuality (dubs, scissor-doors, thumpin subwoofers, body kits, custom exhaust, chameleon paint, car clubs, low-riders, etc), I got a $25 ticket for having a patriotic license plate on the front of my car instead of the issued plate.

- One glance at California traffic (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, or wherever) and it is apparent that half of all cars either have no front plate (to avoid camera issued red-light tickets) or they have some custom plate with a personalized expression of themselves (which seems to be encouraged as long as it isn't a patriotic expression).

- On 26 Dec 06, Officer J. Otto in West Hollywood near Beverly Hills obviously objected to my "Let's Roll" front license place because he ticketed me while my car was parallel parked near the corner of Fuller Ave and Melrose Ave (south of Santa Monica Ave). And a fine Merry Christmas to you too Officer Otto.

- For what it's worth the "Let's Roll" expression was made famous on 9/11 by the passengers' valiant actions on Flight 93 when they prevented that hijacked flight from reaching intended target in Washington D.C. I put it on my car because we are a nation at war with so many brave, dedicated Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines deployed to the far reaches of the globe and because I'm a proud veteran retired from 20 years service in the US Army.

- Interesting sidenote: check out this new license plate recognition system the police are using (this might result in more states requiring front license plates):

http://www.baitcar.com/sites/baitcar-com.bryght.net/files/alpr.wmv
:eek:

- Ahhh, okay, thanks for letting me vent a little. :D

NopatriotisminLA.jpg

Well if you had the plate you where supposed to, you wouldnt have got the ticket. What do you have to complain about? It had nothing to do with your patriotic plate, it was your lack of liscense plate.

Attachments

• NopatriotisminLA.jpg
    NopatriotisminLA.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 67
Well if you had the plate you where supposed to, you wouldnt have got the ticket. What do you have to complain about? It had nothing to do with your patriotic plate, it was your lack of liscense plate.

Because one look at California traffic and you'll see 10 million other vehicles without front license plates that likely didn't get a ticket. The US military people stationed in California know what I'm talking about. There is a much greater sense of patriotism and appreciation for the military almost everywhere else in the country. Don't get me wrong, I still love California but I do feel singled out with that ticket. Anyway, I pay extra for the California plate with the US flag that provides funds to 9/11 victims so I put that plate back on the front (did have it only on the back). You might be able to see it in this pic:

S5031493.jpg

Attachments

• S5031493.jpg
    S5031493.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 75
not to hijack, but where and how did you get those patriotic plates, illinois doesnt have anything like that, only good ones we have are sportsman

CA has a good variety of optional/personalized plates with the funds going to support the arts, the environment, veterans, 9/11 victims, firemen and other worthy causes. See like a decent idea for other states to consider.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/elp/elp.htm

Ahh, i didnt know if it was a nationwide thing or not. Illinois doesnt look that good, its just an american flag that covers about a 1'' stripe across the bottom. I think im gonna buy the sportsman with a deer on it, fits my personality best compared to our boring regular issue ones. and extra $40 a year is worth it to me for good lookin plates

I just moved to Florida from the great state of Texas. I signed the petition for you (#15599), but I have several friends that work as New Braunfels PD, New Braunfels SO, San Marcos PD and a few Troopers that I went to highschool with. I asked them about this and they said that the front plate had not been required for a few years now.

I never had a front plate on any of my vehicles anyway.:D

Yea i'm a little bored at work...

According to the TX Drivers handbook available online that was revised in 2004, on page 2-3 (or 21 in adobe) you do have to have a license plate on the front and rear.

Really glad we don't have that in NC...

good luck on the petition!