picked up my street heat intake

SAYNOTORICE

Aug 21, 2003
Massachusetts
picked up my trick flow manifold today :D ....it is in really good shape and has a 1/2 inch phenolic spacer on it....scored it for $300....i think thats a decent deal....i cant wait to slap this puppy on over the weekend....i have never installed an intake before so i may need help...i know i need felpro 1250 gaskets, what else....is it just as easy as the haynes manual says, or am i in for it???...im sure ill get it right eventually, how long it takes is another question...i cant wait to feel some extra ponies at the wheels though :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Hopefully it came with the bolts from upper to lower...

If the lower doesn't have the oil spash guard on it you will need to take your stock one off and put it on, also remember to put the screen in then the rubber grommet for the PCV.

You'll need RTV for the front and rear seal on the intake, thread sealer for sensors, 1250 gaskets, possibly a EGR or TB gasket if you rip yours, thermostat gasket and thermo (should change it while apart if it has been awhile 180 degree).

When removing the hoses for the heater core (BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN REMOVING THESE FROM THE HEATER TUBE, IF YOU PULL OR TWIST ON THEN YOU COULD BREAK THE TUBES IN THE HEATER CORE AND IT WILL LEAK LIKE A SIEVE)

You'll need-
Fuel line/AC disconnect tools
TQ wrench
large wrench 1-1/8" I beleive for the heater tube
Hose clamps (if yours need replacing)
hoses for bypass and heater (if yours need replacing)
Nylon ties
1/2" socket
1/2" wrench
extensions
5/16" socket for injector hold downs
misc wrenches and pliers
timing light

how long really depends on your abilities, if it is your first time taking it apart mark your wire and vac lines with tape and numbers or letters so you know how to out it back together.

Mark the dist and cap before you pull it out to make it easier to re-install.