Pics Of Cobra Intake I Found And Ordered

acoddo

Jun 20, 2017
Ordered this off of Ebay, It wont be installed anytime in within the next month, but I finally found a nice cobra intake. Now can I just get any explorer lower intake and some gaskets and call it a day?

Attachments

• cobra.PNG
    cobra.PNG
    442.1 KB · Views: 636
  • cobra 2.PNG
    cobra 2.PNG
    341.5 KB · Views: 448
  • cobra 3.PNG
    cobra 3.PNG
    319.7 KB · Views: 418
  • cobra 4.PNG
    cobra 4.PNG
    232.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Sponsors (?)

That's a marine intake. F2JE-9425-AA

Used on boating applications. Im sure it can be modified to work on automotive engines, but the EGR neck is a bit shorter due to being deleted and it's missing some vac hookups, like the charcoal canister nipple.

Last edited:

Used on boating applications. Pretty sure it can be used on automotive engines, butt the EGR neck is a bit shorter than the standard Cobra intake, and it's missing some vac hookups, like the charcoal canister nipple

But yes, you can stroll into any parts store and order gaskets for a 1993 Cobra and install it.

Are you messing with me man? Marine intake? wth

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. It's a boat intake.

Here's a real 1993 cobra intake. You can see the differences in the neck area. Real 1993 cobra intakes have a F3ZZ -9424-CB part NUMBER underneath.

6273d1279769741-ford-oem-93-cobra-intake-picture-219.jpg

Gotcha.... My question is will it work just as well as a "real" cobra intake? As far as I know I can get an GT-40 lower intake and it'll match up to the cobra upper. I just really like the look of that intake. My stock intake is faded and chipping. Going to get the intake powder coated black and slap on the cobra plate and I hope it works out,.

Used on boating applications. Pretty sure it can be used on automotive engines, butt the EGR neck is a bit shorter than the standard Cobra intake, and it's missing some vac hookups, like the charcoal canister nipple

But yes, you can stroll into any parts store and order gaskets for a 1993 Cobra and install it.

Are you messing with me man?
Nope. It's a boat intake.

Here's a real 1993 cobra intake. You can see the differences in the neck area. Real 1993 cobra intakes have a F3ZZ -9424-CB part NUMBER underneath.

6273d1279769741-ford-oem-93-cobra-intake-picture-219.jpg

The differences in the neck are the main concern. The EGR is deleted completely. Main issue aligning the intake tube to the relocated throttle body. I also don't even think it has the correct mounting boss for the throttle/cruise cables. I've never seen someone use this on a Fox 5.0l engine.

Unless you got a good deal on this (like $50-75), id rather use a true Cobra intake that will bolt on 100%. Id try to push back on seller claiming misrepresentation. It is not a Cobra GT40 intake for use on a car.

Last edited:
So to expand upon the throttle cable hookup, here's the way the bracket bolts to an true Cobra intake. The two bolts are what secures the bracket to the manifold.

IMG_1987.JPG

On the Marine intake, this doesn't exist
IMG_1985.jpg

Possible.

Perhaps even a standard EGR spacer could be used to gain the extra lenght, and give yourself a mounting location for the throttle cable. Would be ugly though.

You still lose the EGR though. What's funny is the marine intake has the port for the egr going to lower intake, but it doesn't seem to exit anywhere.

FYI these come mounted on cast iron 351 GT40 lowers. Heavy as hell.

Possible.

Perhaps even a standard EGR spacer could be used to gain the extra lenght, and give yourself a mounting location for the throttle cable. Would be ugly though.

You still lose the EGR though. What's funny is the marine intake has the port for the egr going to lower intake, but it doesn't seem to exit anywhere.

I am in a bit of a bind, I paid for it right away yesterday, and the selling is not responding to my messages. I am probably going to dispute with Ebay?

Possible.

what are the problems with this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT40-Cobra-...ash=item41c83bd986:g:MZ8AAOSwCU1Yv34d&vxp=mtr