pics of cowl mounted gauges

i'm looking to mount my fuel pressure gauge on my cowl. and later on a boost and oil gauge. i have 2 5/8" gauges.
so i as wonder how and were you guys mounted your gauges?

seems like the wipers sit high, and would be hard to see if they'e in front of the wipers. and if their to the side of the wiper, my inspecion sticker is in the way.

and if your wondering i don't like gauges mounted in the interior. that's why i want them on the cowl.

thanks
joe

• Sponsors (?)

i'll save you the head ach. it seems like it's not happen. put them in front of the wipers: 1 the wipers are in the way. 2 you can open the hood all the way.

mount it to the side 1 the inspection stick is in the way, 2 there seems to still be the chance of the hood hitting it.

i'm lucky the speed shop will take the 3 gauges and pods back. now i have to do electrical gauges in the interior. which i didn't want to do. fox bodies have like twice the cowl space.

Get a 4" Cobra R hood like mine. It has a flat panel on the back of the hood (part that your staring at). Mount the guages right in there. I wouldn't do it, but if you want them outside, that should give the "cleanest" appearance.
Brandon

donkey_punch said:
i'll save you the head ach. it seems like it's not happen. put them in front of the wipers: 1 the wipers are in the way. 2 you can open the hood all the way.

mount it to the side 1 the inspection stick is in the way, 2 there seems to still be the chance of the hood hitting it.

i'm lucky the speed shop will take the 3 gauges and pods back. now i have to do electrical gauges in the interior. which i didn't want to do. fox bodies have like twice the cowl space.

I really like my interior gauges. I got the Florida5.0 pod and 3 2 5/8" gauges. Came out really good. The pod is a little tricky, but slow and steady and all goes well.......

803618_105_full.jpg

donkey_punch said:
not to offend you or anyone else. but i think coba r hoods, or double r hood, look like ass. :puke:
thats just my opinion, and i wouldn't spend the money on them.

and i'm not thrilled with the florida 5.0 cluster, too bulky.

still haven't decided what im going to do yet. who knows.
i agree that the florida 5.0 cluster looks too bulky....how many gauges do you have to install, and what gauges are they??