Porting E7 Heads And Intake Or Gt40 Swap?

Stulza7x

May 13, 2016
Porting factory e7 heads and intake or do a gt40 explorer swap? I have a 93 gt 5 speed only upgrades are Mac long tubes, high flow cats, flow master cat back, bbk cold air, msd coil and box, cobra clutch, ac delete kit and various suspensiom work done. Not looking to spend money on a new top end kit wanted your opinions on ported e7s vs gt40s

• Sponsors (?)

I definitely wouldn't waist the time on the E7s and stock intake if you can get a hold of a good GT40 top end for reasonable money. It will be a good boost in performance without spending hours with a die grinder.

I was asking because I can get a set of already ported and polished e7s with new valves for around the same price as a set of gt40s. Would my existing long tubes work on a set of gt40 or gt40p heads heard different things

Whats the price exactly?

Gt40ps have become giveaways at this point, and you can get off the truck gt40s for $200. You still need to have a shop look at the heads, so the price climbs from there.

Have the e7s been gone through by a shop? New springs and valve job? Even with all that, I wouldn't spend more than $100 on ported e7s

Go with GT40s no doubt....as far as stock intake it could be made to flow well if ported correctly. I know there's a guy on Corral forums that has a great rep porting stock H.O. intakes.
If your on a budget just do the full GT40 swap.

Go with GT40s no doubt....as far as stock intake it could be made to flow well if ported correctly. I know there's a guy on Corral forums that has a great rep porting stock H.O. intakes.
If your on a budget just do the full GT40 swap.
I heard the plugs are hard to get off with gt40p heads if your running long tubes. Any truth to that?

Yup. The special headers required mean most tend to seek regular gt40s over the 40ps. As a result, the price of 40ps is now $100 or less.

I have a set being used as doorstops because I got no takers at $100 locally and gave up.

Regular GT40s still have some value and worth running