Power Steering from 5.0 to Big Block

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Hey guys, i've read some of gophers build thread and found some good info. Just wondering what it takes to mount the stock 5.0 powersteering to the 460 bolck. i don't think the stock bracket will work or will it? That was one of the big questions I had, all the accesories transfering over.

• Sponsors (?)

The stock bracket will work if you make your own mounting plate and spacers like i did. I'll have to take a pic of my current serp. setup next time i take the car out to show how i made everything work with a CSR E-waterpump, stock 5.0 P/S pump, stock 5.0 crank pulley, and a summit racing aluminum alt bracket setup with tensioner. It came out really nice and is much more reliable than my old setup with the stock alt bracket mounting. But yes you will either have to buy a serp. kit from summit for ~$500 or make your own setup like me.

If you could take a pic that would be awesome. I looked on Summit and couldn't find a serpentine kit you were talking about. Do you have a link to it? The reason I care so much about thois is i know how much a pain in the ass it is when you have belt slip issues or are throwing belts all the time cause a pulley is out of alignment. If there is an easy way to get a serpentine setup for this type of swap I'd gladly pay 500 for it if it included power steering.