Prayers Please

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
8,297
1,358
194
Cincinnati area
Hey all...normally I wouldn't post this in the Talk forum...but right now all the thoughts and prayers we can get would be awesome.

Here's where it started... http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=658903

Now...Sadly to say, my grandmother has passed away. Leaving to out of town tomorrow for the services. As bad as I feel, I feel even worse knowing my mother is tore up.

Anyways, everyone...please keep my nephew in your thoughts. His brain surgery worked out ok, but he now has a shunt to drain the fluid, and ended up back in ICU for the 3rd time cuz of high fever. Plus he has chemo for the next year, and the 2nd 6 months of chemo, he'll be in the hospital 3 weeks, then out 1 week, then back 3 weeks, etc...for 6 months. No way for a 20 month old child to live, let alone how rough that is going to be on my brother and sister in-law. We're just happy he's alive, but it tears me up. If you ever donate to charities...Ronald McDonald house has done so great in helping make families comfortable while their children are in the hospital. Thanks!
 
Im sorry to hear man, sounds like a simliar situation to what I had. I hate it when people try to share their stories when im in hurt though so i'll do the same to you. Just know that things will get better, and yes, charities like the Ronald Mcdonald house became a new part in my life too. As an employee of McDonalds, before our incident happened i'd pocket any extra change I found laying around, now I put it all in the donation boxes. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just think...now your grandma can help your nephew in ways nobody on earth ever could.
 
I will keep your family in my prayers. Things will get better, just takes time. Being there for your Mom is probably more important than anything else, ya know? Hang in there.
 
Hang in there buddy and surround yourself with your family at this time. Just be there for everyone and this will only strengthen you and your family in the end.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
 
My father went through 5 brain surgiers before I was born and was one of the first to get a shunt like he has. This was before I was born.
He has gone on to live an awesome life, I think with todays advancements there wont be a problem for your nephew.