Preparing For My Sc Install.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like an underdrive .

I'd swap whatever fan you have out for a dual contour fan eventually . Plugs im not certain on id ask the tuner . Make sure you have a way to bypass the msd if you ever get stuck they make a quick harness . I told ya make your life easy and order a 93 cobra water pump pulley from ASP . Trust me
That's what I figured...I might just order the contour fan now and switch them out.

Also I tried to order the Cobra pulley from ASP but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada...any other site recommendations to find a cobra or stock pulley? I can only find the full kits @ LMR.

That's how my fitting is . Again in the car your not gonna do it this way but it's just to show an idea of where it should be .
IMG_6974.JPG
IMG_6975.JPG

plugs- start off with 3923's
adjust your gap per the Vortech manual
turn back your timing to 10 BTDC

My best advice is this. Once the install is done I would drive the car with the supercharger belt off to the tuner.
You can run rich all day long on a supercharged application, but lean ONCE.

Looks like an underdrive .

I'd swap whatever fan you have out for a dual contour fan eventually . Plugs im not certain on id ask the tuner . Make sure you have a way to bypass the msd if you ever get stuck they make a quick harness . I told ya make your life easy and order a 93 cobra water pump pulley from ASP . Trust me
It's an overdrive pulley, spins the pump faster, not slower.

Last edited:
plugs- start off with 3923's
adjust your gap per the Vortech manual
turn back your timing to 10 BTDC

My best advice is this. Once the install is done I would drive the car with the supercharger belt off to the tuner.
You can run rich all day long on a supercharged application, but lean ONCE.
Thanks - I have a trailer so I'm just going to trailer it to the tuner.

When I swap the injectors I'll be pulling off the upper intake...after scraping down the old gasket what the recommended gasket when I reinstall? I hear some people use the RTV

It's an overdrive pulley, spins the pump faster, not slower.
I should've specified that it looked like it was part of an underdrive set .the underdrive set spins the water pump slower . The 93 cobra spins it faster . The stock will spin it faster obviously then the underdrive set . Either way he needs a stock one or a 93 cobra would be ideal for the tensioner to fit correctly with the belt .

Stupid question..I'm at work right now but forgot to take the measurements that I need for the silicone couplers/sleeves and trying to get them ordered today. Bought the kit used and it only came with the 90 degree elbow. I can order the discharge tube by the installation manual which looks like a 2.75 x 2 inch and a 3 x 2 inch but since I have a 4 inch power pipe the air intake will obviously be different. Instead of the 3.5 x 2 and the 3 x 1 should I go 4.5 x 2 and 4 x 1?

thanks

Little update -

On the last few steps...ended up changing valve cover gaskets as well when I switched injectors.

All that’s left is to switch the crank pulley, tap the pan and mount everything up.

Thoughts on grade 5 bolts for the crank pulley? I cannot seem to find any Grade 8s in the 1 3/4 size...tried everywhere local including a fastener store.

Also any tips on tapping the pan ? Directions just say to start small and move to a 9/16 punch.