Preparing For My Sc Install.

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Supercharger is due to arrive on Monday and I plan to begin installation next weekend. Supercharger is a used V2 in great condition with a heavy duty race bracket, 3.1 pulley and 6.75 crank...it was making 12lbs on last setup. I will also be installing 42lb Lucas injectors , 95mm PMAS maf and 340lph Aero fuel pump.

I have also ordered OEM steel pullies to replace my current underdrives. Any recommendations on plugs or a cooler thermostat? I have a MSD 6AL and MSD billet dist.

Rest of mods are -
Factory 5.0 Block, Stock Forged Pistons with High Tension rings, honed bores.
ARP rod , main bolts and head studs
Stock 5.0 oil pump
Balanced bottom end
Comp Cams custom cam 218in/220ex degree .512/.512 lift/114 lobe centres
Ford Motorsports roller lifters
Edelbrock Performer Aluminum heads 1.94/1.60 valves
Chambers reshaped and blended at valve seats
Multiangle valve job
Cut for Felpro wirelock head gaskets
Intake ports matched to Felpro 1250 intake gasket
Exhaust Port walls blended from cnc port opening into runners
Extrude Honed Ported
Comp Cams dual valve springs
Crane HD pushrods
Ford Motorsports Cobra intake manifold
Ford Motorsports 65mm Throttle body
31 Spline HD Axles and HD Aubrun rear end
Stock t-5 with King cobra clutch and billet steel fly wheel ( next mod is a TKO500...I just need t5 to last a year)

Kit comes with a smog pump delete pulley so I will be removing that as well. Once everything's installed I will be loading it on a trailer and taking it to my local mustang tuner.

Thoughts on throwing 10-12lbs at this build? Also any other recommendations?

Sorry for the wall of text but I appreciate all the input.

thanks everyone !

• Sponsors (?)

1) What radiator and fan setup do you have? Is the crank pulley going to clear them?
2) Did you get a new upper radiator hose to clear the SC?
3) I run a 180* thermostat, works great. I never get over 190* during the summer. I have SVE aluminum radiator, Contour electric dual fans, 3g alternator.
4) not sure about how many steps colder you want on plugs, @a91what for that
5) If you have an OEM distributor then I'd stick with that over the aftermarket
6) I wouldn't run the MSD6AL unless you need it. At 10-12psi you may not need it. I run 11psi on all stock electrical
7) Do you have a wideband O2 sensor? You'll want that for tuning purposes and reassurance. I love my AEM 30-4110 kit, works great and is self calibrated.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck!

1) What radiator and fan setup do you have? Is the crank pulley going to clear them?
2) Did you get a new upper radiator hose to clear the SC?
3) I run a 180* thermostat, works great. I never get over 190* during the summer. I have SVE aluminum radiator, Contour electric dual fans, 3g alternator.
4) not sure about how many steps colder you want on plugs, @a91what for that
5) If you have an OEM distributor then I'd stick with that over the aftermarket
6) I wouldn't run the MSD6AL unless you need it. At 10-12psi you may not need it. I run 11psi on all stock electrical
7) Do you have a wideband O2 sensor? You'll want that for tuning purposes and reassurance. I love my AEM 30-4110 kit, works great and is self calibrated.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck!

Thanks for the response !
1. - I currently have a Cobra Aluminum rad with a single E-fan...I have about 4 inches of clearance from the current crank to the fan think that's enough for the vortech pulley to fit in?
2. I did not get an upper rad hose with the kit...this was definitely an oversight so thank you for bringing it up. Do you recommend ordering one from LMR?
4. Unfortunately I do not have an OEM dizzy..purchased the car and it had the MSD Billet already installed.
7. No I do not have a wideband 02...also my 02's are welded in so I'll have to cut them out and reinstall a wideband. I'll look into the AEM 30-4110 kit.

Leave the factory o2 in add a bung for the wideband stock ecu will need the narrowband reading.

For plugs I would run at least one step colder than stock at 10psi. Consult your tuner for his preference a colder plug will oil foul easier so a bit extra cruise/idle advance helps.

Avoid the MSD box, the stock ignition is very strong and will hold up to blow out. If anything run a boost a spark.

Good luck!

I would start at +/-8 lbs and see what power you make. With aluminum heads and a custom cam, you dont want to get too aggressive and split the block. You can always go up until you hit the number you are comfortable running long term.

My setup is very similar 306 with forged mahle pistons,V3 Si 6.77or 8 / 3.33, UPR power pipe, edelbrock performers 1.94/160 w/ fti ls springs, comp cams blower cam, tmoss ported cobra,70 mm throttle body, 90mm Pmass, 80 lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, anderson mr freeze meth injection, tuned by a quarterhorse chip. I see around 10 psi with 6.77/3.33 pulleys and 15 psi with the 8/3.33. I have used autolite 3923s, but have switched to NGK BKR6E spark plugs both will work but prefer the NGKs. The stock ignition should work fine no need for the msd unless you to start to get spark blowout. I would recommend a meth injection kit adds a bit of safety if something goes wrong with your fueling.

My setup is very similar 306 with forged mahle pistons,V3 Si 6.77or 8 / 3.33, UPR power pipe, edelbrock performers 1.94/160 w/ fti ls springs, comp cams blower cam, tmoss ported cobra,70 mm throttle body, 90mm Pmass, 80 lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, anderson mr freeze meth injection, tuned by a quarterhorse chip. I see around 10 psi with 6.77/3.33 pulleys and 15 psi with the 8/3.33. I have used autolite 3923s, but have switched to NGK BKR6E spark plugs both will work but prefer the NGKs. The stock ignition should work fine no need for the msd unless you to start to get spark blowout. I would recommend a meth injection kit adds a bit of safety if something goes wrong with your fueling.
I was wondering about Meth as well. As for the MSD it’s already installed on the car...it was there when I bought it. These are the pullies the kit came with so I may try them first and get a conservative tune...I don’t want to buy another pulley unless I have to.

Leave the factory o2 in add a bung for the wideband stock ecu will need the narrowband reading.

For plugs I would run at least one step colder than stock at 10psi. Consult your tuner for his preference a colder plug will oil foul easier so a bit extra cruise/idle advance helps.

Avoid the MSD box, the stock ignition is very strong and will hold up to blow out. If anything run a boost a spark.

Good luck!
Any widebands you recommend ?

Thanks again guys for helping me...this will be my first boosted car

It is very tight. I run a dual contour fan.
20161226_142533.jpg
20160725_175201.jpeg

Thanks for the pics - that’s similar to mine so I should be OK.

I forgot to mention this kit also has the smog pump delete pulley. Did most of you delete your smog pump ?

Thanks - I just printed the instructions.

Looking at my water pump pulley is there any easy way to tell if its UD or not? I was told it was UD but every replacement pulley I've looked at looks the same....

Attached a terrible picture and it measures roughly 5.5 inches...

Attachments

• Pulley.jpg
    Pulley.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 127
Thanks - I just printed the instructions.

Looking at my water pump pulley is there any easy way to tell if its UD or not? I was told it was UD but every replacement pulley I've looked at looks the same....

Attached a terrible picture and it measures roughly 5.5 inches...
Looks like an underdrive .

I'd swap whatever fan you have out for a dual contour fan eventually . Plugs im not certain on id ask the tuner . Make sure you have a way to bypass the msd if you ever get stuck they make a quick harness . I told ya make your life easy and order a 93 cobra water pump pulley from ASP . Trust me

Reactions: 1 user