Progress Thread Project v6 What?!?!?!: 95 Saleen v6 Sport

First off: @General karthief - Where is my 20 year tag!?!?!!?

I just got back to the hotel from working on the 97 tonight. The comments are not far off, I drove out 7.5hrs on Thursday (left at 3:30am CST) showed up around Noon (EST). Was an awesome trip, seeing the 95 in person was well worth it (will get into that shortly). I delivered the three windshields and header panel @95steedamustang ordered. I also brought out a windshield for the 97, along with door glass and rear window glass moldings. For the 95 I brought out a reproduced side strips, rear V6 Sport decal. Once we got that unloaded, I looked over the 97 and was in awe over it, then he handed me a bucket of water, sand paper and sanding blocks, pointed to all the panels and said get to work. The rest of Thursday, all day Friday and most of the today was sanding, removing double sided tape from door moldings and anything else that I could help with while he focused on the engine bay (pictures will be posted in that thread).

In short, yeah drove 7.5hrs, got put to work for 2.5 days and it was awesome!

Now this was all planned, and not a surprise. I wanted to help him while he could focus on the engine bay and get it finalized. So I knew I was going to be blocking panels and removing tape.

The 95 v6 Sport. It might be rough but I'm in love with that car. I know the 97 will look amazing and be and awesome car, but like I was telling Kevin, I have searched close to 20 years for a v6 Sport. I always wanted one and now have one. I think he is more excited to get started on it than me and that is tough.

Lastly, If you ever have a car done by him, don't ever be shocked if he puts you to work.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

First off: @General karthief - Where is my 20 year tag!?!?!!?

I just got back to the hotel from working on the 97 tonight. The comments are not far off, I drove out 7.5hrs on Thursday (left at 3:30am CST) showed up around Noon (EST). Was an awesome trip, seeing the 95 in person was well worth it (will get into that shortly). I delivered the three windshields and header panel @95steedamustang ordered. I also brought out a windshield for the 97, along with door glass and rear window glass moldings. For the 95 I brought out a reproduced side strips, rear V6 Sport decal. Once we got that unloaded, I looked over the 97 and was in awe over it, then he handed me a bucket of water, sand paper and sanding blocks, pointed to all the panels and said get to work. The rest of Thursday, all day Friday and most of the today was sanding, removing double sided tape from door moldings and anything else that I could help with while he focused on the engine bay (pictures will be posted in that thread).

In short, yeah drove 7.5hrs, got put to work for 2.5 days and it was awesome!

Now this was all planned, and not a surprise. I wanted to help him while he could focus on the engine bay and get it finalized. So I knew I was going to be blocking panels and removing tape.

The 95 v6 Sport. It might be rough but I'm in love with that car. I know the 97 will look amazing and be and awesome car, but like I was telling Kevin, I have searched close to 20 years for a v6 Sport. I always wanted one and now have one. I think he is more excited to get started on it than me and that is tough.

Lastly, If you ever have a car done by him, don't ever be shocked if he puts you to work.
I mean I gave you 15 min for meal breaks. What more can I do. :lol:
Seriously it was great having you out. We got alot done and had fun doing it. The V6 sport project is one I am really looking forward to. Ive done a lot of cars but this project will have me
Doing a lot of firsts and I cant wait, my first V6 restro/build for one thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Skip the 15 breaks and just keep a minifridge full of Red Bull or a suitable substitute.

Never forget that you all's shenanigans are secondary to images and narrative. :D

I've got some stuff to deliver at some point, things like my redone qtr windows as well as a set of his wheels in my garage... I'm fully expecting to get put to work when I show up with that stuff but I'll have to drive like 14-15 hours each way, 7 is easy work!

I've got some stuff to deliver at some point, things like my redone qtr windows as well as a set of his wheels in my garage... I'm fully expecting to get put to work when I show up with that stuff but I'll have to drive like 14-15 hours each way, 7 is easy work!
Yea man. I’ll get you your own bucket ready.

Another great idea. I need to hire you to come in and cut un needed extras
@General karthief hush it! I brought him plenty of parts to borrow a bucket for 2.5 days. I don’t think I’ve made a trip out yet where I didn’t bring him something.

Now I’m on the hunt for a rare 94-98 Base/GT hood in good shape. Be nice to have the running horse under hood heat shield cover too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
@General karthief hush it! I brought him plenty of parts to borrow a bucket for 2.5 days. I don’t think I’ve made a trip out yet where I didn’t bring him something.

Now I’m on the hunt for a rare 94-98 Base/GT hood in good shape. Be nice to have the running horse under hood heat shield cover too.
Parts brought to me is the admission price.

• Haha
It brings the parts, wet sands the panels, and puts the lotion on its skin…

1689131767004.gif

• Haha
  • Ah yes, I see.  I see.
Reactions: 4 users