Engine Pulling Motor leaving in AOD and have a couple questions

Rounder

Jun 10, 2015
I am pulling the 5.0 out of my 89 and leaving the AOD in it for now. I have most everything apart, I have loosened up the 6 bolts I found that I believe hold the AOD to the block.
1. Are there only 6 bolts?
2. Do I have to remove the starter? I have removed the cable/wire? So will the starter just stay on the AOD?
3. I still need to disconnect the 3 cables from the bottom of the throttle body. I have the bracket towards the firewall loose but how do I actually disconnect the forward end of the 3 cables. There are some plastic clip type things and I don't want to break them as they may be brittle from age. How exactly do they come off?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There are two small bolts at the bottom of the bell housing, they hold the block plate to the bell housing
take the starter off, you will use the starter hole to remove 4 torque converter nuts, pull the spark plugs turn the engine by hand and you'll see them through the hole, the linkage should be a ball socket (not sure if that's the right terminology) it pops off with a screw driver.
There is a ground strap at the back of the drivers side head, vacuum line to vacuum tree in that area too.
Consider taking the upper intake off to give yourself more access to the hoses and wiring around the passenger side of the engine.