Putting Engine In My Black Lx 5.0

BlackLX5.0

Nov 14, 2005
I Have A 1991 Black Lx 5.0 . I Bought The Car For $200.00 & My Friend Has A 1990 Lincoln Town Car He's Going To Sell Me, I Was Wondering How Hard It Would Be To Put That Motor, Transmission, Wiring Harness, & Computer In My 91 Mustang & Will It Work. :bang: Lol Any And All Information Would Be Very Helpful, Thank You :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

My 91 LX

My 91 Mustang Lx Has No Motor, Transmission, Wiring Harness, Or Computer. So I Was Wondering Would That Lincoln 5.0 Motor, Transmission, Wiring Harness, & Computer Would Work In My Mustang. :SNSign:

If the Lincol has the HO motor then I would think everything would work. Not sure if they have the same computers, or even harness. Does it have an AOD trans?

How much is the guy selling the lincoln to you for? I would just get the stuff from a donor stang personally.

I dont think it would be wise to put everything from the lincoln in your stang. I beleive the motor is good to go, not sure about the tranny from what I have heard. but anyway, there is a real good thread about this already, do a search.

I would do what Aaron said and find a donor stang. If you are in Northern Cali, I could turn you on to some real good places for parts.

Hmmmm

Thanks Everyone For All The Replys. The Guy Is Holding The Lincoln For Me, Im Only Paying $400.00 For The Whole Car, I Drove It For A Long Time The Other Day So I Know Everythings In Working Order Like It Should Be. The Only Thing Thats Wrong With The Car Is The Airbag Suspension In The Back Of The Car, It Blewout. But Other Than That The Car Is A Good Running Car & Yes It Is An AOD Transmisson. I Looked Around For A Mustang That Was Cheap & Affordable But No Luck. Which Is Why I Was Asking About The Lincoln Town Car. What About The Transmission Wouldnt Bolt Up Right? Would I Have To Do Modifications To Make It Bolt Up? If So Thats Not A Problem. Also The Wiring Harness? Ive Got All The Interior Out Of The Mustang And Everything Else. Im Completly Restoring It. Thanks Again, Any Help Is Much Appreciated.

I suppose, if you MUST, the drivetrain will work, but personally, it's a complete waste of time.

#1. that motor is NOT a HO mustang engine. It's the plain jane non high output 5.0 engine. Expect sub par horsepower and performance. The aod is a complete dog. Honestly, you couldn't be putting a slower moving combo into your vehicle (unless you dropped in a 4 cylinder).

that's a WHOLE lot of work to obtain what's going to be a NON ho aod mustang. 17 seconds at best in the quarter, honestly. Not trying to talk you out of it, but for the amount of work you're going to do, you're much, much better spending a few hundred more and buying the correct high output 5.0 with a t5 instead of an aod.

My .02

The only wiring that "may" work would be the cpu harness, (and that will be speed density, again, incorrect for your year stang)doubtful anything else will.

My Mustang

Thank You V8Only For Your Reply & Help. Also, 1991Vert, Im Thinking Its Just The Intake & Heads, Which My Cousins Got A Blownup 5.0 HO That Im Going To Get The Intake & Heads Off Of :D

Heads may or may not be ok. they "may" be e6 heads, or the good e7's. I've heard rumors of the NON ho engines coming with both.

Also, consider it may be flat tappet and not a roller cam. I was under the impression that all 85+ engines were roller cam, but that isn't the case from what I've learned. there is a chance it could be a flat tappet (while I don't think so) Even so, I'd nearly bet it's got a different cam in it.

Lots of info on ho vs non ho out there on the corral and stanget. Spend some time with the search button to be sure you can properly adapt this.

the only reason I'm being so negative, is because i've spent a LOT of time doing a complete explorer longblock swap into my 86 vert. I would hate to see you go through ALL that work, and within 2-3 months be completely bummed because you just realized you should have spent the time and money on something you really wanted more.

Best of luck, do it right, the first time, and you'll be happy in the end.

The fundamental differences between an HO and a non-HO 5.0 are basically the cpu, cam, and order of the plug wires on the distributor. The head and intake will swap, but won't change the HO-ness of the engine. The intake is actually the same, just that the upper points to the other side. I believe the HO heads are good for 25 more HP than the non-HO heads. At least that's how they were spec'd by Ford back in the day.

Ahh Ok

Oh Ok, I Thought It Was Just The Heads & Intake. But Like I Said My Cousin Has The Heads & Intake So Im Going To Slap Those On It & Let It Be For Now Lol. But Thank You Everyone, I Appreciate Everyones Help :SNSign: