Qa1 k-member with stock arms. How did your install go?

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
AMn this thing is starting to be a pita. I got everything off just fine and it bolted up just fine till i got to the arms.I'm going to call qa1 tomorrow but I still would like your guys input.

First off I cant use the back bolts for the arms. They hit the frame 1 way and then the other way you can't get the nut on. I think I can get thoes bolts from Lowes.

The pass side arm just about fits decent. The drivers side arm is going to take alot of work and I might have to notch the holes out a hair. And I think I will have to put a washer between the bushing and the arms becuase there is a decent amount of play in there.

Was your install this much of a pita?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I can't say personally... but I paid to have mine installed last year. The motor mount pins had to be shaved and the stock A-Arms had to be ground down to allow for full travel. Thats the only 2 mods that I remember right off hand. If I remember more, I'll post'em. :nice:

Crapola I'm reusing my stock A arms for the time being on a QA1 K. I haven't purchased the K member yet though. They claim the stockers will work which is the reason I chose them. Now I have to find another brand.

VibrantRedGT said:
Crapola I'm reusing my stock A arms for the time being on a QA1 K. I haven't purchased the K member yet though. They claim the stockers will work which is the reason I chose them. Now I have to find another brand.

I will let you know how it goes tonight. I have to get some new bolts with smaller heads on them and some washers. My buddy from work is coming over tonight and i'm pretty sure both of us togetor can make it fit.