question about 2001 gt rear disc brakes on my 87

In all ranges of steering? Maybe you had a lone wolf. Cause i never had bumpsteer with my 95 spindles on the 88.

Well, yeah.....(trying to remember) Basically, I HATED freeway corners with that car at high speeds. 70-80MPH stuff. Even 40-50 around corners with bumps, just felt very uneasy.

Hack Job was fricken great. I would take those corners on the freeway 95-100MPH crusing along just fine. Hitting bumps was rough cause the Steeda springs, but the steering wheel stayed the course.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, yeah.....(trying to remember) Basically, I HATED freeway corners with that car at high speeds. 70-80MPH stuff. Even 40-50 around corners with bumps, just felt very uneasy.

Hack Job was fricken great. I would take those corners on the freeway 95-100MPH crusing along just fine. Hitting bumps was rough cause the Steeda springs, but the steering wheel stayed the course.

Were the springs the same stiffness in both applications? Cause if one set was softer than the other that would explain why one would have bumpsteer and one wouldnt, when you use a bumpsteer gauge you check the amount of movement in the ENTIRE suspension travel range. If one set of springs was compressing even and inch further than the other set could explain the bumpsteer problems

The springs were softer in the black car. The Steeda springs gave a good stance but the ride literally killed me. Steeda sport springs matched with 99-04 GT leather seats....not a good idea. 99-04 seats are by far the worst seats for comfort. Typical interior on cars after the late 90's....uncomfortable and cheap.

I love my '04 seats in my fox. I put them in because I find them so comfy.

I kinda agree that the 94-95 spindles do make some bumpsteer, I know what max motorsports says, but the curved arm kinda hurts a bit. On my car, the a arms is parallel with the k member and ground, but the tie rods angle up due to the curved arms. I think the 96+ spindles would keep them in line with the a arms.....or the bump steer kit with the 94/95 arms would do the same thing and level the tie rods out. I'll take a pic tomorrow as its a pretty good example.

Either way, bump steer/tie rod kit from mm will be ordered this winter for my 94/95 spindles.

Hmm I have a quick question. I have the 01 GT mustang brakes in the rear. The guy like welded a bracket on for the stock caliper bracket off the 01 to bolt onto instead of bolting it to the flange on our stock fox axles like it would normally be. Do you think he did this so he could run stock Fox length axles?

Hmm I have a quick question. I have the 01 GT mustang brakes in the rear. The guy like welded a bracket on for the stock caliper bracket off the 01 to bolt onto instead of bolting it to the flange on our stock fox axles like it would normally be. Do you think he did this so he could run stock Fox length axles?

I dont know why the **** he would weld anything.

Idk what the hell he did, the guy who owned the car was an idiot. he just has this bracket welded around the axle tube where the caliper bracket bolts to. Its a stock ford caliper bracket so I imagine its the one off the 01 Mustang. Ill have to get a picture so you can see what I am talking about

Ya I don't even know what axles I have, they are 5 lug disc brake axles but I don't know what they are out of :shrug: I been trying to figure it out so I know what brackets I need to get when I build my rear end so I can have disc brakes the right way and still have my wheel offset work.

You can tell by the hub. The drum brake axles have a smaller hub than disk axles....so if you use the drum axles with disks, you need a spacer with the rotor to center it on the hub. So check for a gap.

Pics could help too.