Question about insurance and car value

65Mustang2+2

Jun 5, 2004
Connecticut
Hey all,
I have a question about insurance and the value of your cars! I have a 1965 Fastback that I have insured at 25K and have full coverage on it with Hagerty insurance! My questions has any one every have to claim that much with the insurance company when there classic car got totaled? My car is just fine and its locked up in the garage! Just asking to see if the insurance companies pay the full value of what the cars is insured for. Funny thing when I set the value of my car they only asked for pictures of my car, they never asked for the car to be appraised. I'd say my car is worth about 20K tops, but have it higher because I always here that the insurance companies never pay out the full amount of what the car is insured for, is this true? So if my car gets totaled will they pay out the full amount, or will I get the run around by them not wanting to pay the full 25K And no I’m not going to have someone hit my car, I’m just asking! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I use state farm for my dailys and a separate specialty agent for the 65. I too was shocked upon gettin my 65 insured with simply a few dirty pictures, and a value agreed on based what i stated its value was.

from what im told by him, yes my payout is the value agreed upon. ALTHOUGH read closely that there are no time/milage stipulations. My policy is rather relaxed, but have heard of others restricting times its covered, ie weekend, to and from car shows, etc...so id read that over with a fine tooth comb.

Ive contemplated lighting mine on fire many times and taking the $20G's and running to vegas. but u cant beat having a car valued so high, and only pay $3-400 a yr to insure it lol