Question regarding 'true duals'

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Just wondering what to expect in going from my present lt's/mac H to LT's and true duals (including 3way cats.)My exhaust is getting modified inorder to meet emissions requirements...by adding the cat converters. Now the shop fabing the new pipe are indicating to me that the crossover pipe 'can be' added but is not really necessary in terms of performance and infact really only assists with decreasing drone. Does this sound correct? The shop is VERY well respected and the owner is infact fabing the pipes and installing the cats for me...he is also the one who indicated that "unless the crossover is located within 12" of the collectors it really offers no performance advantage" and that using the method he's going to use there was no way he could cleanly install the crossover anywhere near the front portion of the midpipe. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

i dont believe it. I think there has to be a reason the exhaust manufacturers started using crossovers. Increased scavenging and reduces backpressure especially at cruise. Bernoulli's principle man...here's a real world application. I would seek another alternative!

When i bought my car it had no cross over in the mid pipe. just LT's to cats to mufflers. Honestly I didnt notice a difference powerwise at all when I replaced it with my mac o/r h pipe and mac pro dumps. I didnt notice the exhaust popped a lot more with the o/r pipe on deceleration but again once i replaced all my vacuum lines that even went away. I kept my cats and had them fabbed so they could bolt up in place of my o/r pipe when emmision time came around. If I were you I'd do the same.