Quietest Midpipe / Headers?

bryan0

Jun 9, 2005
Bethel, CT
Are there any catted midpipes (H or X) that flow a lot more air than stock but are just as quiet? I just got my Vortech on and I'd like to free up some power with the exhaust. Right now all I have is a MAC cat-back, and my car is plenty loud.

If I could only buy one to compliment my cat-back, with power my only concern (second to noise level,) should I get headers or a midpipe? What's the quietest of each?

• Sponsors (?)

well you mufflers are not helping you quite level. you could take two aproaches. either run cats and hope that is enough.

or just run a much tamer muffler. I remeber in highschool my buddie had a 70 chager with a 440 and glasspacks. got tired of being hasseld by the cops. put a set of dynomax superturbos on it and the car was quite as hell. still fast but night and day on the noise level.

I am kind of on the other side of the fence. I have a catted Prochamber, but I am looking to change the tone (slightly) but I don't want much more sound at all. I was thinking of welding in Flowmaster 40s. Think it'll be too loud?

Anyways, when I replaced my stock H pipe with this catted Prochamber, it didn't add much sound too it at all. It created a slight "tinny", whining noise at about 2,000 - 2,200 rpm and gave it a nicer tone overall. Also, I noticed a SOTP gain, but no dyno numbers to prove it. FWIW, hope it helps you out.

Matt

My Magnaflow catback is just as quiet as the stocker when we put my stock H on for inspection. I would go with SLP LTs, SLP catted X, Magnaflow catback.
PLENTY of power and VERY quiet, really i wouldnt be surprised if noone even realized you had a different exhaust. Now stangers would know, but probably just think "catback".