race shocks and struts

• Sponsors (?)

Well it all depends on how serious and how deep are your pockets.

If you have some serious cash to spend go with a GR40 setup and you'll love your Mustang like never before.

If you are more on a budget the price on Roush Trak Pak suspension setup has come down significantly and is now a lot more affordable then the GR40.

Finally also consider what you'll be using your car for. Is it an all out racecar then you're probably going to want a full adjustable setup with more stiff heim joints for bushings. If you'll be driving your car on the street you may find a good boxed setup your best bet and perhaps add in a few tweaks here and there just to custom taylor the setup to your preference and needs.

I needed a car that was still drivable on the street as well as being able to tackle the Auto-X and twisties so I went with a Roush stage 2 setup, added some J&M LCAs and bolted on a watts link for the added precision. Setup cost me less then two grand and I think it was perhaps the best money spent on the car.

Do you have any suspension modifications or are you stock?
You should also probably give us some kind of budget that you are looking at.
Any previous race experience?
Where are you going to be racing?
Just a little more information would help us give you suggestions.
You will need more than just a suspension to track your car, especially brakes (mostly pads, DOT4 fluid, and cooling)and tires.

OK, my car is completely stock except for a 3.73 gear performance wise. I do auto cross at maywood Illinois I'm going to be going to tire rack more, high speed autocross, and a lot of autox!! I have always been into racing i did competitive go cars for a little but too expensive lol. i have the 17's right now looking at 19 foose wheels with hoosier A6 i believe but not certin. everything in this world cost money and that sucks. :(

I would not mount the A6 on the 19" wheels, put street tires on them and keep your 17" wheels for your track tires. The cheapest 19" A6 on tirerack was $308 and it was a narrow 235 width. If money is a consideration you might be better off going with the Nitto NT01, it will last a lot longer than the A6. Even the R6 will last considerably longer than the A6. If you are going to be sticking with autocross, you should probably get something like EBC yellow stuff, Hawk HP+ or at least HPS pads. If you are going to do real track days you will need something like the Hawk HT-10 with brake ducting. For the suspension, you might want something like the Roush Trak Pak or Konis. Some sway bars and control arms would be a good idea as well. Do a lot of research before you buy anything.

If you daily drive your car I wouldn't recommend getting HP+ pads because they are too aggressive for the street. They'll much up your stock rotors in a hurry and they grip well only when warmed up properly which is from high speed and prolonged stops not from daily driving.

I agree with walter on the HP+, as long as you stick to autocross. If you do actual track time you will need two sets of pads, where the HP+ would be good for the rears, with HT-10 on the fronts. The HPS will melt on the track, but will be fine for autocross, where I use them as well.

What are some good light weight rims that will work with the R6 or nitto? I found some enkei STR5 that weigh 18 lbs, but will they be good racing wheels? I dont particularly care about looks more so that its black, cheap, and will be a good investment.

Enkei is a good brand so you can't really go wrong. Just make sure that whatever you get will clear big brakes. You may not mess with that right now but its good to know you have the option to do that.

Trust me I hate looking at those stoptech boxes collecting dust because I can't swing the cash for a set of rims that will do the trick.

I'm not so sure about getting 17s especially for some track work. 17s definitely won't fit 14in brakes and will end up giving you too thick of a sidewall which is bad for cornering.

I really love their PF-01s they just came out but man I bet they cost an arm and a leg.