Rattling shifter at high rpm pulls

My car is lower than yours with the same DS, it does not rub. I have the 93 E-brake brackets, too. I would second the transmission mount. Get the Stiffler’s for adjustability. If it is the trans mount, that would likely be causing some pinion angle issues like the driveline vibration you’ve been experiencing…

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

There are so many variables between one car and another. I have Eibach sports line springs and my aluminum DS was slightly rubbing on my e brake cables and also had vibrations. When I measured the pinion angle I needed to place a 1/4” plate under the poly T5 mount to correct it but the DS was even closer to the tunnel. I have stock height motor mounts and could find any lower ones. To resolve all of those problems I replaced the aluminum DS with the stock one which was freshly balanced and new u-joints plus replaced the rear upper stock control arms with adjustable ones.
I still have that shifter rattling under hard acceleration but it must be the “Z” specs gears because they clunk when idling in neutral and the clunking disappear when pressing the clutch pedal. I tried to download a sound clip from this clunking but couldn’t do it…

My car is lower than yours with the same DS, it does not rub. I have the 93 E-brake brackets, too. I would second the transmission mount. Get the Stiffler’s for adjustability. If it is the trans mount, that would likely be causing some pinion angle issues like the driveline vibration you’ve been experiencing…
Could you send a link to that mount? All I can find is the whole cross member.

Could you send a link to that mount? All I can find is the whole cross member.
You have to buy the entire crossmember, I believe.
There are so many variables between one car and another. I have Eibach sports line springs and my aluminum DS was slightly rubbing on my e brake cables and also had vibrations. When I measured the pinion angle I needed to place a 1/4” plate under the poly T5 mount to correct it but the DS was even closer to the tunnel. I have stock height motor mounts and could find any lower ones. To resolve all of those problems I replaced the aluminum DS with the stock one which was freshly balanced and new u-joints plus replaced the rear upper stock control arms with adjustable ones.
I still have that shifter rattling under hard acceleration but it must be the “Z” specs gears because they clunk when idling in neutral and the clunking disappear when pressing the clutch pedal. I tried to download a sound clip from this clunking but couldn’t do it…
I’ve got a T5Z as well and it buzzes and clunks, too

Reactions: 1 user
You have to buy the entire crossmember, I believe.

I’ve got a T5Z as well and it buzzes and clunks, too
Oh, I thought I was one of the unlucky one and I opened the transmission three times already and no shavings were found. Replaced all the bearings and still clunking, I never had any noises when I had the original gear set, so I’m tempted to go back to stock gears which only have 30 foot/pound less capacity but will be quiet.

I didn’t choose my words very well. That is the crossmember I was referring to. It will provide you with the most adjustability available. It seems to me that your transmission and DS are both very close to the floor pan. Again, that’s just going by comparison to my own car, which has the same DS and transmission.

I didn’t choose my words very well. That is the crossmember I was referring to. It will provide you with the most adjustability available. It seems to me that your transmission and DS are both very close to the floor pan. Again, that’s just going by comparison to my own car, which has the same DS and transmission.
So I can do vertical adjustment with that? I only see back and forth adjustment.