Rear K- Member bolt

dropteeth

Apr 25, 2022
Ottawa
Removed the first two bolts (long ones) drivers side then took off the one of the rear bolts no problem .... now the last rear bolt closer to me i lossened it with a breaker bar and got it to turn its turns with difficultt but now spins...its creaking and turning but will keep turning forever without making any headway... anyone have a solution to getting it out?

• Sponsors (?)

There should be a nut plate on the top of those rear bolts.. See if its spinning that while you turn the bolt, if it all ready cleared the plate it may just be stuck in the slot of the k member if not you need to keep the top plat from spinning with the bolt... Put the other bolt back in.

There should be a nut plate on the top of those rear bolts.. See if its spinning that while you turn the bolt, if it all ready cleared the plate it may just be stuck in the slot of the k member if not you need to keep the top plat from spinning with the bolt... Put the other bolt back in.
Thanks for this - ill check it out. im assuming the other bolt once it goes in will stop the plate from moving?

So the nut in the back keeps spinning on top of the plate...i can't get anything inside there to hold it down...any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230607_184134.jpg
    20230607_184134.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 53
What about cutting it with a small dremel? A pain but you will be replacing this anyways.....
Cut it, whack it with a chisel to spread it some, and then your needle nose vice grips can hold it...

If all else fails cut the head of the bolt off so you can drop the K-Member. After the K-Member is dropped cut as much of the body of the bolt off as you can flush with the flat mounting plate. Should be able to get the nut and what is left of the bolt out then.

Reactions: 1 user
If all else fails cut the head of the bolt off so you can drop the K-Member. After the K-Member is dropped cut as much of the body of the bolt off as you can flush with the flat mounting plate. Should be able to get the nut and what is left of the bolt out then.
Be sure and have it supported with a jack or something.......

Reactions: 1 user